PDA

View Full Version : Hopeless chip spewing...

MVicuna
12-31-2004, 07:50 PM
Party 3/6. Been a while since I played stud. The play looked good on paper... right????

Villan [ XX XX 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif ]
Chip Spewing Hero [Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif ]
Worse Player [ 7/images/graemlins/club.gif ]
Bad Player [ 2/images/graemlins/club.gif ]
Uk 3 [ 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ]
UK 1 [ 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif ]
UK 2 [ 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif ]

Bad Player bring-ins (1)
Uk 3 folds.
UK 1 folds.
UK 2 folds.
Villan completes (3)
Chip Spewing Hero raises (6) to 6
Worse Player calls (6)
Bad Player calls (5)
Villan raises (6) to 9
Chip Spewing Hero calls (3)
Worse Player calls (3)
Bad Player calls (3)

Silly me thinking anyone would fold for 2 cold with an Ace reraises. Villans 3 bet concerned me, but its looking like a big pot and villan's hand is very likely the real aces maybe a steal?

I figure I know what my opponent has so I figure lets gamb00l.

** Dealing Fourth street **
Dealt to Villan [ XX XX 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif ]
Dealt to Chip Spewing Hero [Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif ]
Dealt to Worse Player [ 7/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif ]
Dealt to Bad Player [ 2/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif ]
Chip Spewing Hero checks.
Worse Player checks.
Bad Player checks.
Villan bets (3)
Chip Spewing Hero raises (6) to 6
Worse Player folds.
Bad Player calls (6)
Villan raises (6) to 9
Chip Spewing Hero calls (3)
Bad Player calls (3)

Well, Nobodies folding now. Lets hope I can make a baby 2 pair and have it hold up. I put him on a few hands, Pocket Aces, Flush draw, Trips. Obviously I'm burried to half the hands, but only to the unlikely half. Big pot, lets Gamb00l.

** Dealing Fifth street **
Dealt to Villan [ XX XX 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif ]
Dealt to Chip Spewing Hero [Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif ]
Dealt to Bad Player [ 2/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif ]
Bad Player checks.
Villan bets (6)
Chip Spewing Hero calls (6)
Bad Player calls (6)

Please let me win this hand... Please!

** Dealing Sixth street **
Dealt to Villan [ XX XX 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif ]
Dealt to Chip Spewing Hero [ Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif ]
Dealt to Bad Player [ 2/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ]
Bad Player checks.
Villan bets (6)
Bad Player calls (6)

If he'd picked up a non heart when I'd paired and if it hadn't killed one of my outs I'd have raised here.

** Dealing River **
Dealt to Chip Spewing Hero [ 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif ]
Bad Player checks.
Villan bets (6)
Chip Spewing Hero raises (12) to 12
Bad Player calls (12)
Villan raises (12) to 18
Bad Player calls (6)

Fetch me a bucket, I feel some bile rising.

Michael Emery
12-31-2004, 08:15 PM
I think the hand was played fine. I'm not sure of villans completing requirements, but coming over the top here with three live high cards isnt that bad. The only debatable part I see is whether or not to cap the river. If you believe the third player will call the river cap, cap it. Its a certainty you have him beat. As for the villan, if he has any sense (since your raise screams boat) he should be full with 5's full or King's full. This is 3-6 though and that is still why I advise making it 4 bets and closing the action. Too many 3-6ers put in the third raise with a flush or trips here. Why I dont know, but trust me they do.

Mike Emery

MVicuna
01-01-2005, 02:43 AM
Hi,

The 3rd player didn't want to call two cold. He paused a long time before calling. Of course after deciding to call two cold your probably right and he'll call two more cold.

I didn't factor in bad 3/6 play. I actually don't factor in enough. I've folded live over pairs on 5th when paired doors who bet into other paired doors. I of course see two pair winning it more then I would like to admit.

Thanks,
MarkV.

timmer
01-01-2005, 10:00 PM
Dont you realize only BB stories are reviewed here?

timmer

MVicuna
01-02-2005, 03:41 AM
haha, your giving away the end of the story!!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I really want to know if anyone folds? Or is the pot to big to fold?

Thanks,
MarkV.

B Mando
01-02-2005, 04:07 AM
I dont think there is really any reason to raise on 4th street when you opponent leads out when he catches a King. Given that you did raise I believe his three-bet is one of two things.
1. If he only has a pair of Kings at this point he is on crack and this should be noted.
2. If he has something bigger than this he is telling you that you better improve big time on 5th or dump it. This basically would kill his action.

I guess you had to know your opponent in this spot to know if it was one or two.

jon_1van
01-02-2005, 09:20 PM
I like the attempted isolation on 3rd. But once he raises your A/images/graemlins/spade.gif you have to start worrying.

Anyway. I cap the river everytime here. I really start to suspect anyone who 3 bets into an Ace on 3rd as having trips, 2 Aces, or being insane( outside chance of a really high flush draw). But no matter which of these he has you shouldn't fear what hand he has at showdown. So cap it. Maybe he was rolled and caught the 4th 5, maybe he 3 bet into an As with KK5....and filled up. These are the only 2 non insane things that might beat you...but you should not fail to raise because of them.

I'm also not a big fan of the raise on 4th. But I don't hate it. However, once you do it your call down to the river feels right.

MVicuna
01-03-2005, 05:33 PM
Hi,

My opponent shows rolled 5' for 5's full of Q's and I put a massive beat down on him.

I don't see how I get away from my hand given this is the guys first hand at the table.

Thanks,
MarkV.

jon_1van
01-03-2005, 05:47 PM
He must have loved the fact that you went runner,runner,runner,runner to beat him.

Anyway, I think its best to assume a player is decent/good until proven otherwise. Rather than the other way around

timmer
01-03-2005, 11:24 PM
You hit four in a row to hammer his rolled up filled up? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

your a heartless bastage aint you ? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

timmer

PhiGamTN
01-04-2005, 09:48 PM
This may be sadistic in some way but i want to know WTF the bad player was calling down with. Please divulge if it's in the Hand History

MVicuna
01-05-2005, 03:52 AM
lol, Sure. He started with a Jack high 3 flush, spiked a pair of jacks on 4th and spiked trips on the river.

Andy B
01-05-2005, 02:10 PM
I don't hate the raise on third street, but I think I prefer a fold. At this level, players tend to have what they're representing. He's raising into your Ace, so he probably has a big pair in the hole, and the bigger that pair is, the fewer over-cards you have. I don't think too many players are raising with split Fives.

The raise on fourth is fine. When he three-bets, I figure he has a hand, and checking-and-calling is OK. On the river, I think I lead out to try to trap the third player for at least one bet. Since he called two cold, your check-raise worked out just fine. If you think the third player will call the cap, then cap it. You probably have the best hand, and you can't be raised whatever happens.

Andy B
01-05-2005, 02:11 PM
Since there are far more bad players than good, it's more profitable to assume that a player isn't very good until he demonstrates otherwise. I don't know how large the player base is for this game, but I know who most of the better players at Canterbury Park are, so if I run into someone I don't know, I assume he stinks, and I'm right 95+% of the time.

MVicuna
01-11-2005, 06:56 PM
Hi,

You'd be surprised how many runner runners I hit in those loose fishy games and still walk away up big. At times I'm getting 1:14 on 4th and 1:10 on 5th with some very marginal hands, but since I rarely get to 5th without a pair and a backdoor and an over card I'm getting all my profit from the truely hopless hands who are drawign to 2-3 outs.

Later,
MarkV.

MVicuna
01-11-2005, 07:09 PM
Hi,

My thinking on the river was, if I bet out, no way am I getting raised after all the action on 3rd/4th And me with an open pair. It so screams I just sucked out and don't want you checking behind with your naked aces.

I figured a CR gets me two maybe more, I figured a bet would at most get me two.

Had I known he had filled I would have bet out. /images/graemlins/smile.gif But then the loosey might have gotten away from trip jacks. :\

Thanks,
MarkV.