PDA

View Full Version : Happy New Year, Micro Buddies

afk
12-31-2004, 07:14 PM
Before I head out for the evening I just wanted to say a quick happy new year to the micro forum. 2004 has been a good year and this forum has helped me turn $50 at nickel & dime back in February to a nice chunk of change at $1/2. So I thank all the posters for that - both those who are micro players and those who take the time out of their higher limit games to help out. I feel this forum has helped produce some solid players.

So however you choose to ring in the new year, enjoy yourselves and be (relatively) safe. Good luck in 2005 with not just poker, but the other more important things to you as well.

Be sure to set some poker goals for yourself in the new year too!
Mine are: (they are very loose goals)
<ul type="square"> Move to $2/4 near the end of January and $3/6 some time after that.
Become a decent shorthand player.
Begin learing some tourny strategy, I think I'm catching the tourny bug.
[/list]

SCfuji
12-31-2004, 07:15 PM
you too

EliteNinja
12-31-2004, 07:24 PM
Happy New Years everyone!

I'm in the same boat as you, afk. Same situation in terms of goals and limit.

droolie
12-31-2004, 08:11 PM
Happy New Years! Here's New Years tip from your buddy droolie to those of you who never leave this forum. It's a kickass party bonus code that is still working at of 7:09PM EST on 12-31-04... It gives $100 for 500 raked hands that you get a month to clear! Ka-ching!

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Number=1430356&amp;page=0&amp;view=colla psed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=14&amp;fpart=1

BAK
12-31-2004, 09:02 PM
Happy New Year to you all!!

Thank you for the great advice and help since I started coming here these past months.

My poker New Year's Resolution is to apply the advice from here and SSH better and become a better player.

My goal for tonight is to see how well I do playing poker while drinking Champagne! /images/graemlins/ooo.gif Too bad I cannot move down a level, since I am already at .50/$1. And I am not telling you sharks where I will be playing!!

Have a Happy and Healthy New Year and I wish you all the luck in the world - which has nothing to do with poker!!

Shillx
12-31-2004, 09:15 PM
Happy new year to everyone in micros!

I hope to actually make some money playing this year and play much more live poker. As always, I hope to improve my posting quality.

Be safe out there tonight,

Brad

bennyk
12-31-2004, 10:31 PM
Cheers.

Take Care,
bk

yellowjack
12-31-2004, 10:31 PM
NT

pointcount
12-31-2004, 11:01 PM
Happy new year everyone!

GrunchCan
12-31-2004, 11:11 PM
In the immortal words of Eddie Murphy, "Maddy New Yahr!"

TomBrooks
12-31-2004, 11:20 PM
I may ring in the New Year with a ring game.

Thanks to all the helpful people here and Happy New Year.

TomBk

Cardzy
01-01-2005, 12:56 AM
Happy New Year Everyone!

I personally intend to ring in the new year by playing my first $2/$4 hand just after midnight. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Jaran
01-01-2005, 05:10 AM
Happy New Year all. I wanted to say thanks to all the posters here, and the ones who have moved on to small/mid stakes for all the help they have given me with my game. Also, I wanted to have this be a kinda goodbye for a while. In about 2 weeks, I'm leaving for Italy for 5 months. I prolly will not have the time or the ability to play much poker, or post here either. I'm also pulling out all but a small amount of my br to pay for various expenses that have come up for the trip. So, my poker goals are somewhat meager right now /images/graemlins/tongue.gif, but I wish all the posters here the best with the new year in all areas of life. Again, thanks.

-Jaran

the_rookie
01-01-2005, 06:29 AM
I also want to wish everyone a happy new year at the micros! I appreciate everyone's contributions to hand analysis and I hope together we can all make a nice chunk of change because of it. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Stay safe guys and gals... /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

detruncate
01-01-2005, 08:40 AM
Best of luck to all in the new year. Here's hoping that 2005 will bring richness to your lives and riches to your bankrolls.