PDA

View Full Version : Confirming identification with Equifax

Xtian11
12-31-2004, 06:39 PM
Hey, just wondering if anyone has confirmed their ID w/ Equifax. I reached my cashout limit and to get the rest of my cashout I'm required to confirm my ID. I can either scan some documents and send to an email address (or fax), or use an online site called Equifax.

The thing about Equifax is that it requires me to enter my Social Security Number and Driver's License #, which makes me feel a little "iffy" about it. Just wondering if anyone has any advice to offer. Thanks all

GuyOnTilt
12-31-2004, 06:42 PM
Equifax is one of THEE three major credit agencies, along with Experian and TransUnion. They're definitely trustworthy.

GoT

SossMan
12-31-2004, 07:03 PM
So long as you are very sure that you are actually dealing with equifax, then it's safe.

Luv2DriveTT
01-01-2005, 11:54 AM
Why would they want you to do this through Eqifax? This is the first time I've heard of them being involved. It smells like a scam, can you please tell us more? Do they want a copy of your credit report?

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

Alobar
01-01-2005, 06:25 PM
having to do it through equifax is strange IMO, but as far as equifax is concerned, they are as legit as it gets. As GoT explained, they are one of the 3 credit reporting beuro places.

Warior
01-03-2005, 03:44 PM
Did it when I verified for Pacific. Very safe no big deal. In fact I think its better than e-mail scanning or faxing.

Anadrol 50
01-03-2005, 03:46 PM
Equifax already has all that info anyway....

BK_
01-04-2005, 03:45 AM
my dad was COO of equifax before they spun off a company. they are obviously a very respectable company. though i am still unsure how they are connected to the poker world.