PDA

View Full Version : 73s, turn action.

Entity
12-31-2004, 06:06 PM
CO is slightly passive preflop and TAG afterward over ~600 hands. Others are slightly passive postflop, and slightly loose-passive preflop.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (5 SB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

River: (14.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 folds.

Final Pot: 16.50 BB

Fold the turn? Hate the flop 3-bet? Hate the flop bet? Or standard?

Rob

private joker
12-31-2004, 06:17 PM
Looks standard. Call down after the turn raise in fear of a better flush, but I wouldn't be surprised if Villain had JT and was betting his straight.

BWebb
12-31-2004, 07:18 PM
Sure looks like a higher flush. However I might 3-bet the turn because:

1) The pot is big.

2) Folding a big /images/graemlins/heart.gif in MP would be nice.

3) If he is aggressive postflop, he might have 3-bet the flop with a big flush draw. So, JT is a possibility. The fact that you and UTG were aggressive on the flop from early position might make him rule out a flush draw from you. When MP just called, he could think neither of you have a flush.

This seems like a protect your hand type hand from SSHE. Or, it could just be wishful thinking.

Alexthegreat
12-31-2004, 07:29 PM
Due to your position to the raiser, I think a flop check-raise is best here. The rest of the hand is standard, and I would not 3-bet the turn with a 7 high flush....

BWebb
12-31-2004, 07:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Due to your position to the raiser, I think a flop check-raise is best here. The rest of the hand is standard, and I would not 3-bet the turn with a 7 high flush....

[/ QUOTE ]

There was no raiser before the flop, thus nobody to check to on the flop. As for the turn, I'm probably wrong.