PDA

View Full Version : Hands played aggressively at tight Crypto 1/2

DeathDonkey
12-31-2004, 05:53 PM
Again sorry for multiple hands, but these are all similar. Assume all opponents are weak tight / slightly TAGgy as that sums up Crypto 1/2 IMO.

Hand 1:

I openraise A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifK /images/graemlins/heart.gif in MP. MP2 3 bets next to me, CO coldcalls 3, folded to me and I cap, they both call.

Flop is T /images/graemlins/heart.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif7 /images/graemlins/club.gif and I bet, they both call.

Turn is 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif and I bet, MP2 folds, CO calls.

River is 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif and I check, intending to call.

Hand 2:

I openraise A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/club.gif UTG, folded to MP who coldcalls, folded around. Heads up.

Flop is Q /images/graemlins/heart.gifT /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif I bet, he raises, I 3 bet, he calls.

Turn is 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif and I check. (Who bets here?) He checks.

River is 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and I check (Who bets here?) intending to fold.

Hand 3:

UTG limps, folded to me on the button, I raise T /images/graemlins/heart.gif9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, folded to UTG who calls. Heads up.

Flop is T /images/graemlins/club.gif3 /images/graemlins/club.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, he checks, I bet, he checkraises, I call. (Anyone want to 3 bet?)

Turn is A /images/graemlins/heart.gif he bets, I raise, he calls. (Should I just fold?)

River is 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif He checks and I take the free showdown. (Should I bet here?)

Thanks in advance for any comments,
DeathDonkey

Fiddler
12-31-2004, 06:35 PM
Hand 1: Looks fine to me.

Hand 2: Sometimes i fire on the turn but maybe it comes from seeing him checking both the turn and river. Looks like he was on a draw too, maybe a split?

Hand 3: I give up on the turn, he did after all limp UTG and liked something about the flop and if it is a typical tight crypto player he'll usually have you outkicked at least. But I could be wrong, couldn't really stand the full ring tables for very long. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Shillx
12-31-2004, 06:44 PM
Hand 1: From what I hear about crypto, your AK doesn't look so good after you get 3-bet and coldcalled. I'm more worried that the coldcaller has aces or kings. The river is close in hand 1 because you might get hands like AJ and AQ to call you if you bet. Of course if you check, you might get a weaker hand to bluff (but bluffing in his spot is pretty dumb if you think about it). He has to think you will call here.

Checking and calling this river has zero value IMO. The range of hands is pretty big on the river, but when he bets after you check, the odds of you winning becomes very small because he will only bet a better hand.

You can check/fold this river against a TAG, but I would just bet/fold. Check/folding has a lot of merit though.

Brad

waynethetrain
12-31-2004, 06:50 PM
Hand 1 - agree.

Hand 2 - I don't 3 bet the flop. It was a good draw, but not that good. I don't see the value with 1 opponent. Besides your overcards might give him a straight.

Hand 3 - I don't re-reaise the turn. I'm either folding or calling down. I'm thinking I'm probably beat. So I fold.

DeathDonkey
01-01-2005, 04:33 PM
I think you are neglecting the times I get him to check through the river with a better hand than me. I save a bet when he will call but not bet the best hand. I also thought he might bluff with a worse Ace though that was secondary to the "I hope he checks through" plan. In Hand 1 he did in fact have 55 and won.

Hand 2 I like how I played the flop but I think I should have kept betting. I find when I am out of position I just counter with more aggression, its not always right but position bullies give up quick when you fight back a bit. Here he had AK and I would have won with any bet.

Hand 3 was ugly when I look back on it. If you couldn't tell I was using this bonus clearing expedition to try some more unorthodox plays and this was one of them. But with that board texture I can't see how I could win this hand. I should have just folded on the turn but given that I didn't I have to bluff at the river. I doubt he would have folded but maybe since he had an inside straight draw on the turn that didn't hit. He had KJs.

Thanks,
DeathDonkey