PDA

View Full Version : Hands played weak at tight Crypto 1/2

DeathDonkey
12-31-2004, 05:46 PM
Sorry for multiple hands but these are all similar. Respond to any of them, all of them, none of them, whatever floats your boat /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Assume in all these opponents are pretty weak tight / slightly TAGgy as the Crypto 1/2 is exactly that in my experience.

Hand 1:

EP limps, I raise K /images/graemlins/heart.gifK /images/graemlins/club.gif in CO-1. Folded to EP who calls.

Flop is A /images/graemlins/spade.gif6 /images/graemlins/club.gif4 /images/graemlins/club.gif. He checks, I bet, he calls.

Turn is 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. He checks, I check.

River is 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. He bets, I call.

Hand 2:

UTG limps, EP, limps, I raise K /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif in MP. Folded to UTG who folds, EP calls. Heads up.

Flop is K /images/graemlins/spade.gif6 /images/graemlins/club.gif6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. EP checks, I bet, he calls.

Turn is 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. Check, check.

River is 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif. He bets, I call.

Hand 3: UTG raises, EP coldcalls, I 3 bet J /images/graemlins/heart.gifJ /images/graemlins/club.gif in CO. BB cool calls 2, others call. 4 to the flop.

Flop is T /images/graemlins/club.gifA /images/graemlins/club.gifT /images/graemlins/heart.gif checked to me and I bet. All fold but EP coldcaller.

Turn is 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif Check, check.

River is K /images/graemlins/spade.gif Check, check.

Thanks in advance for any comments,
DeathDonkey

Entity
12-31-2004, 05:50 PM
#1 is good. Sometimes I bet the turn and go for the free showdown (in case he's on a flush draw), but I think your line is fine.

#2 I raise the river pretty frequently. You can almost always fold to a 3-bet, but it's a value raise almost all the time, and he'll call with a lot worse hands.

#3 looks fine.

Rob

Fiddler
12-31-2004, 06:19 PM
Hand 1: Looks fine. I think this line might be better with KK than bet the turn and go for a free showdown since if he has an ace he isn't folding, you aren't really worried about the free card, it gets you to showdown for a guaranteed 1.5BB from the flop plus it could get a lower pocket pair to bet the river.

Hand 2: I don't get it... why no turn bet or river raise? The typical full ring Crypto player is much too tight to have called with anything that includes a 6. The 6-max tables usally have twice as many players seeing each flop.

Hand 3: Fine.

Shillx
12-31-2004, 06:32 PM
Seems to me like Crypto would be a tough game to beat if everyone there has a winning playing style. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Hands 1 and 3 look fine. You seem to do a lot of bluff inducing. I find that smarter TAG's will do less bluffing and pick their spots more carefully. Bluffing generally isn't associated with weak/tight players.

I'm betting the turn in hand 2. I'm not raising the river because you did invite a bluff and TAG's don't pay off as much as other players.

Brad

Fiddler
12-31-2004, 06:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Seems to me like Crypto would be a tough game to beat if everyone there has a winning playing style. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

He is probably there to clear a bonus and the 1/2 full-ring tables are horrible. It feels like almost everyone is folding and hoping that someone else will put enough money in the pot so that it is raked. Bleh. The 6-max tables are nice though.

DeathDonkey
01-01-2005, 04:29 PM
Of these I thought Hand 2 was the debateable one and from the responses I was right. I think betting the turn is very reasonable, the way I played it I think a river raise would have been better.

These Crypto games are tight but the players still suck. Even the good ones are on auto pilot the whole time (like I'm one to talk, I 5 table these to get done with bonuses faster) and there are few thinking opponents, just tight ones. I have noticed that as aggression goes up, I win more by picking off bluffs then by getting in raising wars with unknown opponents.

Anyway hand 1 he was on an ugly draw and totally bluffed the river. Hand 2 he held 88 and I missed at least one bet. Hand 3 he did in fact have A9s and I mock his skirtery.

-DeathDonkey

banditdad
01-01-2005, 05:00 PM
Bet the turn on Hand 2. I think you're ahead and why give a free card to let him catch up? Maybe he would have folded and you cost yourself a bet or maybe he caught an Ace on the river and cost you the whole pot.

DeathDonkey
01-01-2005, 05:51 PM
Oh I definitely thought I was ahead. I thought he would fold if I bet the turn. It was a small pot and I'll take the chance that he spikes an Ace or something to get an extra bet. I agree this one was played bad but I didn't check because I was scared.

-DeathDonkey