PDA

View Full Version : probably pretty standard, not sure though

mr pink
12-31-2004, 04:03 PM
probably pretty standard, just checking w/ everyone. your thanks in advance as always.

nl .5/1

first some background...

villain is quite the LAG, he just pushed it all in w/ a king high flush on a paired board and a 4 flush...against 2 opponents -- one had the ace, the other a boat. he seemed quite surprised when he lost... which amused the table to some degree. he just reloaded about ten hands ago and has been pushing the smaller stacks around since then trying to get his money back.

stacks:

hero - $76.00
villain - $134.50

here goes...

hero dealt A /images/graemlins/club.gif K /images/graemlins/heart.gif in MP

2 limpers to me, i make it $4.00, folded to the button who makes it $10.00 - he hasn't been raising much preflop, usually just limps and then works on the weaker players, table folds to me, i call.

flop: J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif pot size - $23.50

action to me, i bet $24.00, he quickly calls -- thoughts: theres no way i'm checkin this flop to him. he's maybe smooth callin with a monster or he's confused. he could be tryin a position raise w/ AQ, AJ some other random crap. either he's crushing me or i'm slightly ahead.

turn: 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif pot size - $71.50

i decide the pot is at the point where i'm gonna have to call whatever he bets and i don't want to give him the option to push me in or him checking it through and catching another diamond on the river so i push my last $42.00. thought i was either slightly ahead or way behind to some crazy lag preflop raise and smooth call, pot was too big to do anything but push. pretty standard or no?

peace - jeff

Pokerho
12-31-2004, 04:25 PM
That's probably exactly how I would have played it. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but probably what I would have done. If a diamond doesn't come on the river, you're ok, unless he has AT, which is something a LAG could very well reraise you with.

The other option is this: I notice 90% of all preflop re-raises at these limits and lower are exactly AA, KK, or AK. Bad players get these cards just as often as everyone else, so maybe you're against that.

mr pink
12-31-2004, 04:40 PM
yeah and against normal players that's what i'd have him pegged for. he was playin pretty crazy at the table though and he was winning at it. i think he just got a little overconfident cause i had been laying down to him, and maybe he thought he could muscle me off my hand. i thought he was gonna raise the flop so i got a little worried when he just called. by then the pot was too big, and i wasn't deep enough to do anything but push.

Iconoclastic
12-31-2004, 05:21 PM
Why didn't you just push preflop against the Maniac? If he's got you beat preflop he's got you beat postflop anyway. You're probably ahead preflop, and he's probably gonna call.

mr pink
12-31-2004, 05:25 PM
i didnt know if i was ahead, this was the first time i had seen a large reraise from him preflop. to be honest i thought i was behind. also i hate pushing it all in w/ AKo against a reraise...

peace - jeff

mr pink
12-31-2004, 05:27 PM
what i'm really wondering is... how would you go about this hand if you have the villain pretty well covered. say you had like $250 preflop. would you just bet the pot on the turn or would you push it again?

peace - jeff

mr pink
12-31-2004, 10:23 PM
nobody ? bump.