PDA

View Full Version : Do any of you sleep on a TempurPedic mattress?

VBM
12-31-2004, 02:40 PM
trying to decide on a mattress and it felt really nice, but it's quite a bit more expensive than the other mattresses we tried out. any opinions here?

manpower
12-31-2004, 03:15 PM
I dont have one, but everyone I know who does swears by 'em. And I mean swears by 'em like gospel.

aggie01
12-31-2004, 03:42 PM
I've got one. The only problem with them, is when you try to sleep on a different bed (vacation). You miss your own bed that much more.

I highly recommend them.

codewarrior
12-31-2004, 03:44 PM
It takes sex to another plane as well... /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Lumpy
12-31-2004, 03:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we will need confirmation from TaxGoddess on that. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

TaxGoddess
12-31-2004, 03:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Quote:

It takes sex to another plane as well...

I think we will need confirmation from TaxGoddess on that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, yes it does. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

CCx
12-31-2004, 05:11 PM
I have one, I got it ridiculously cheap due to a brohter-in-law who works in the factory where it's produced. I wouldn't trade it for another mattress on the planet - truly the most comfortable thing you've ever slept on...and I agree, it takes sex to another level, though some getting used to at first like 'why doesn't it bounce like it used to' /images/graemlins/grin.gif Once you tackle that hurdle, you're home free!

TimM
12-31-2004, 05:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sex on a plane, that would be cool.

codewarrior
12-31-2004, 05:27 PM
I was 18, senior year spring break trip to Italy with my best friend, Italian stewardess going home...

Good times... /images/graemlins/cool.gif

AncientPC
12-31-2004, 10:53 PM
Where can you find one for cheaper than Brookstones?

drdre2001mm
01-01-2005, 02:51 AM
Hey guys I have been searching or a good price on these for the longest time...What is the lowest price I can get for the basic model (doesn't have to be amazing just a single person bed) Please PM me with info thanks!!

tripdad
01-01-2005, 03:11 AM
choose latex over viscoelastic. it's just as expensive, but lasts literally 30+ years and is more comfortable. another benefit is that latex is naturally hypo-allergenic. don't get me wrong, both types are leaps and bounds better for a good night's sleep than innerspring, but latex has definite advantages, and visco has not been on the market(widespread) long enough to have a good track record.

trust me, i sell both products.

cheers!

VBM
01-01-2005, 05:08 AM
i'm not educated to know what you're referring to? is this the foam that makes up the bed? or the covering?

sorry for my ignorance,
--oj.

AcesFull
01-03-2005, 12:42 AM
I bought the Novaform mattress topper a few months ago from Costco. http://www.costco.com/Browse/Productgroup.aspx?prodid=10041736&whse=&topnav=&ca t=4257&hierPath=93*4257* It's been a great supplement to my regular mattress. I'm sure it's not quite as good as a full temperpedic mattress, but I would guess it has to be at least 70% effective as the real thing. My guess would be strictly based on the comfort level of using the topper. As I've never slept on a full temperpedic mattress. I have briefly lied down on one in the brookstone stores.

Anyway, it seems that Costco has recently acquired the full mattress under the Novaform brand. Here's a link:
http://www.costco.com/Browse/Productgroup.aspx?prodid=11026460&whse=&topnav=&ca t=20637&hierPath=93*20637*

Now that I've tried the mattress topper, I'm now more interested in getting either the Novaform mattress or the real temperpedic mattress. Note that the Costco Novaform mattress is $550 for a queen in the stores (it cost more online) and the brookstone price is about $1600 for the same size.

Also, I notice that the Novaform mattress says it's about 12 inches thick, but only 3 inches of the top is premium form and the bottom 9 inches is standard form.

Are the temperpedic mattresses completely made of premium foam? I think they are only about 8 inches thick too, right? I would love to just buy the real temperpedic mattress, but the Novaform is about $1,000 less and I've found even the Novaform topper to be really great itself. So, I'm somewhat inclined to just spend the $550 for the Novaform, but hate to settle for less IF the temperpedic is worth the extra $1K.

manpower
01-03-2005, 02:12 AM
I've got a buddy who builds 'em. He just orders the form wholesale and cuts it up into matresses. I haven't had him make one for me, but he always offers, saying he "knows a great foam guy." It's pretty hilarious, and I expect I might take him up on it if I settle 'round here after school. Anyway to answer your question, I really have no idea about premium vs normal form, but I doubt I'd bite on the namebrand bed.

AncientPC
01-03-2005, 02:40 AM
I've heard that the Novaform is less dense than the Tempurapedic equivalent, but if you can't feel a difference than go for the cheaper one.

Rick Nebiolo
01-03-2005, 06:00 AM
There is another mattress (Sweedish) that costs something like five grand or so. Forgot the name. How does that compare?

~ Rick

PS Hate the foam pillows from Brookstone.

BullChip
01-03-2005, 06:32 AM
No, but I got one of them pillows and it's dope as f*ck!!! I sleep like a baby.

I slept on one of those Sheraton hotel Angel beds or something like that and I'm planning on purchasing that whenever I get a chance.

Rick Nebiolo
01-03-2005, 01:00 PM
In my post late last night I forgot the name of the Sweedish bed. Just Googled it and it is a The Duxbed (http://duxbed.com/main.htm). Anyone try this one? A friend did shop once a few years ago and once they got up over five grand for the complete set he lost interest /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

~ Rick

jakethebake
01-03-2005, 03:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sex on a plane, that would be cool.

[/ QUOTE ]
It is. Especially with the right stewardess...or two.

jakethebake
01-03-2005, 03:33 PM
I've been looking for a new mattress too. Is tempurpedic that squishy stuff? I usually can only sleep on a hard bed. Soft beds give me backaches. Comments?

jakethebake
01-03-2005, 03:41 PM
Just did a Google search. I also notice there are quite a few horror stories out there about trying to return Tempurpedic mattresses under warranty, etc.

wayabvpar
01-03-2005, 03:44 PM
It isn't squishy like a feather bed- it is more like a much firmer water bed. The foam conforms to your body and supports it. We bought one with some of the money we got from our wedding last year, and I LOVE the thing. My only problem is that it seems to trap heat slightly more than a regular mattress does; great for this time of year, slightly less great for summer.

jakethebake
01-03-2005, 04:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Quote:

It takes sex to another plane as well...

I think we will need confirmation from TaxGoddess on that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, yes it does. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
The "natural E's" bounce just right?

VBM
01-03-2005, 05:32 PM
hey Wey,

did you get it @ Sleep Country or Brookstone or somewhere else? My wife & I are really leaning this way...

wayabvpar
01-03-2005, 06:11 PM
We got ours through QVC (got a great deal on it, too). Check their website.