PDA

View Full Version : VINCE YOUNG...

jakethebake
12-31-2004, 10:17 AM
WTF is going on down there in austin?!!! Mack Brown gets a 10-year contract when he's never beaten Oklahoma? Beating OU has to be a prerequisite for any long-term contract. Yea, I know they're good, but we all know a rankings mismatch has never stopped us from beating them or vice versa before. Mack Brown's a helluva recruiiter, and I think his recruiting classes have been at the top of the rankings every year he's been there, but if he can't get it done with that talent, he's useless.

Vince Young
12-31-2004, 03:35 PM
I agree, but who's available who could do it better? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

jakethebake
12-31-2004, 04:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I agree, but who's available who could do it better? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Regardless of who's available, they didnt have to give him 10 years! But with Texas offering that kind of money, I think a lot of coaches would be available.

holeplug
12-31-2004, 04:40 PM
People said the same thing about Tom Osbourne (couldn't win the big one) before he finally did. I don't get many Big 12 games on the east coast so I dont really know how good a game coach he is but at least your winning 9-10 games a year.

slavic
12-31-2004, 04:44 PM
People accused Royal of not being able to win the big one. He was almost fired before he had a chance to win it all in 63.

jakethebake
12-31-2004, 05:18 PM
You misunderstand me. I didn't say fire the man. I said he shouldn't have a 10-year contract w/o beating OU at least once. He's had four years to do it. Four years WITH superior athletes, and hasn't come close.