PDA

View Full Version : Two stories: Never too late to have kids

Zoltri
12-31-2004, 09:01 AM
Romanian woman, 67, pregnant with twins

Thu Dec 30, 4:16 PM ET
AFP

BUCHAREST (AFP) - A 67-year-old retired Romanian university teacher, Adriana Iliescu, is seven months pregnant with twins after almost a decade of treatment in fertility clinics, the private television state Realitatea TV reported.

Iliescu, who is expecting baby girls, told the television channel that she had "never been able to accept the idea that I would not have children" and described her pregnancy as "the happiest time of my life".

According to Realitatea TV, she will become the oldest mother in the world.

__________________________________________________ _______

Surrogate mother: 55-year-old U.S. woman delivers triplets for her daughter

Tue Dec 28, 3:20 PM ET

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) - A 55-year-old woman acting as a surrogate for her daughter gave birth to triplets Tuesday.

Tina Cade, who already had three children, delivered the babies by Caesarean section at Bon Secours St. Mary's Hospital.

She had carried the babies for her oldest daughter, Camille Hammond, who suffers from endometriosis, a condition affecting the lining of the uterus that makes it difficult to become pregnant.

Hammond and her husband, both doctors at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, had tried for four years to become pregnant.

Cade started hormone treatment last winter, and in the spring she underwent test-tube fertilization. Three embryos were implanted and all three survived.

"We didn't plan for triplets," Cade said recently. "I thought we would be blessed with one. It was quite a surprise."