PDA

View Full Version : Shipping alcohol

Reef
12-31-2004, 06:47 AM
I bought some alcohol here at home since it's really inexpensive, and want to ship it up to where I go to college (since I'm cheap like that). Is it illegal to ship it to myself?

Reef
12-31-2004, 09:45 AM
edit: shipping to washington

eggzz
12-31-2004, 10:22 AM
Where is Spokompton? Is that out of the country? Canada? Europe? Have you tried calling UPS?

Reef
12-31-2004, 11:08 AM
washington

eggzz
12-31-2004, 11:23 AM
Are you underage, is that why you are worried? If you are shipping from Washington to Washington, it should not be a problem. Like I said, call up a Mailboxes, Etc. or a UPS package store, they will pack it up all nice and tight for you. It will cost you a bit, about a buck a pound I would say, so ten bucks for like 4-5 fifths I would guess.

fatmongo
12-31-2004, 01:19 PM
I work at UPS, shipping booze is no problem at all. I come across alcohol, guns, bullets on a regular basis. Again just make sure you pack it real good. Back in November I remember 4 bottles of some expensive brandy came across the belt. Nobody had any idea where the rest of the box was so they didn't know where the bottles went. Long story short they end up having to dump these bottles down the sink. There was a crowd of supervisors watching, almost crying. Hardcore drunks I imagine.

Sponger15SB
12-31-2004, 01:22 PM
What do you guys do when you find drugs? Like say 25 lbs of weed.

Inthacup
12-31-2004, 01:31 PM
or cuban cigars

fatmongo
12-31-2004, 01:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What do you guys do when you find drugs? Like say 25 lbs of weed.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ive never found anything like that. But I bet it would be a bitch to sneak out through security. Usually people find candy bars and jerky and stuff like that. I'm a good employee though. I'm waiting to catch someone stealing something big. They offer $5k for info on people stealing. There was a kid last year who cashed in by ratting out another guy I worked with. By that point though the guy he ratted out had already made off with $32k in merchandise I heard.

benfranklin
12-31-2004, 02:49 PM
Another consideration is weather. Don't know what you mean by alcohol, but beer and wine will freeze, and if you are shipping by UPS, it will spend a few nights out in a truck.

Also, by the time you pay for packaging and shipping, are you really saving any money?

Reef
12-31-2004, 07:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Another consideration is weather. Don't know what you mean by alcohol, but beer and wine will freeze, and if you are shipping by UPS, it will spend a few nights out in a truck.

Also, by the time you pay for packaging and shipping, are you really saving any money?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am shipping some other heavy items as well, however I will be doing it snail mail. So yes, the $ I save from shipping over the hard A will in essence pay for shipping the other items.

Reef
12-31-2004, 07:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I work at UPS, shipping booze is no problem at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

sweet

Reef
12-31-2004, 08:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Are you underage, is that why you are worried? If you are shipping from Washington to Washington, it should not be a problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

just barely. and it's from Hawaii to Washington

eggzz
12-31-2004, 10:12 PM
ahhh, that makes so much more sense now.