PDA

View Full Version : Heavy action with a set...

asdf1234
12-31-2004, 04:47 AM
Nothing on anybody in the hand.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (8 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

River: (20.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 23.50 BB

Cardzy
12-31-2004, 05:00 AM
Not much you can do here if that flush hit. I would have bet out and/or capped on the flop myself with the 2 hearts on board. Flush draws will of course stay in there but currently you are pretty sure you have the best hand. When the heart hits on the turn I might pull a raise but when reraised I would slow down and take the river trying for the boat. Then since I am out of position on the river I would check/call due to the size of the pot. Of course capping the turn could be good as well to try for a free showdown on the river. I wouldn't bet out on river though. Heck, actually you could bet the river and fold to a raise as well. Shrug.

This is based on having no reads at all. I'm sure I would play it differently if I had reads on the opponents in the hand.

Interesting hand.

Alexthegreat
12-31-2004, 02:45 PM
Cap the flop....No one is folding, and you get an extra 2 bets when you win. I don't think you are gonna slow UTG down on the turn if you cap here. I also think you should bet and just call a raise on a bad turn like that. You have a good hand, but so does he, and I don't think he'd play anything you beat this hard....AA with the ace of hearts maybe, but he'd have to be super aggro....With no read your cap is probably just a waste of a BB...

Check call the river....

Villian has QQ??

Rah
12-31-2004, 10:45 PM
You should play the set more aggressive on the flop, especially because of the flush draw. Not only do you want to get the bets in before any draws hit, but even if there are no draws you often won't extract much money if a scare card hit the turn like here.
Capping the turn is questionable as well. Unless UTG is very aggressive, that 3-bet looks like a flush or QQ.

private joker
12-31-2004, 10:59 PM
Yeah, I'd call the turn 3-bet and check-call the river. His reaction to your aggressiveness on the flop and especially the turn means he's got a huge hand. Either top set or the flush -- most likely he was jamming the flop with a draw and hit it on the turn.

asdf1234
01-01-2005, 06:20 PM
UTG+1 has A/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif, and MP1 has Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif for the win.