PDA

View Full Version : Stars vs Party

MojoRisin
12-31-2004, 03:08 AM
I deposited some money in stars long ago before I had any conception of being a 'winning player' so I've been stuck on stars doing 5+.5 SnG's (my bankroll doesn't really allow for the 10's)
As a neophyte SnG player, I just wanted to know what the general opinion on Stars vs Party is. I'm finding on stars at the later levels, the players left are usually pretty solid (at least for such a low buyin). Typically they are all very tight, rarely call down to the showdown, and usually make relatively correct raises. While I certainly don't have a sample size large enough to gather any accurate data, I don't feel I am getting bad cards, but more or less outplayed. It seems when it's down to the last 4 or 5, it becomes a crap shoot of whether I hit any cards or not.

Am I just examining the details too closely here?

I'm sure there have been evangelical debates on this topic, but my search returned too many results. If anyone has a good link to point me to, I'd appreciate it.

raptor517
12-31-2004, 05:11 AM
i prefer party because 1, you can play so many more tables per hour 4+ tabling. 2, there are many more people, which means more bad people. 3, late game strategy is very important, and its especially not a crap shoot. you just have to learn how to effectively steal those blinds.