PDA

View Full Version : Can a river get any worse? =)

95Aero
12-31-2004, 02:08 AM
I know it happens to us all, but I felt like sharing this to those of you who feel it only happens to you /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (21 SB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, MP2 calls, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (17 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, Button calls.

River: (26 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 30 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Tc Th (full house, tens full of sevens).
Button has 7c 2d (four of a kind, sevens).
Outcome: Button wins 30 BB. </font>

Reef
12-31-2004, 02:10 AM
You got in 5 big bets with your opponent drawing to 1 out. It's very hard not to put him on a 7 given the action. Well played

DBowling
12-31-2004, 07:58 AM
Im not really familiar with limit, but is it standard not to three bet the river? Of course you made the right play, but i just wondering because you still have the biggest full house (and second nuts).
But yea, nh. Sucks when they hit their one outter, but youll get him back next time

Michael Davis
12-31-2004, 08:01 AM
The action in this hand makes it abundantly clear that his opponent has a 7. Hero is holding two of the tens and the button coldcalledpreflop. He could have a big pocket pair but this is unlikely, as he would eventually slowdown, fearing that hero has a 7.

This hand can probably be checkfolded on the river.

-Michael

DBowling
12-31-2004, 08:15 AM
hmm interesting, looking back at it, youre right. Its so much easier in nl when we would have been all in on the flop or turn at latest.

95Aero
12-31-2004, 09:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The action in this hand makes it abundantly clear that his opponent has a 7. Hero is holding two of the tens and the button coldcalledpreflop. He could have a big pocket pair but this is unlikely, as he would eventually slowdown, fearing that hero has a 7.

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you cold call with 72o? If someone is capable of doing that they could have had anything so I think it's worth calling the river raise with the second to nuts hand for a 30BB pot? Although I do agree that it is VERY likely he did have the 7 in the end, hence no reraise /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Cleveland Guy
12-31-2004, 10:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]
WHAT?????????????

There are over 25 BB in the pot before the river.

I don't think I'm folding a top boat into this size pot for 1 bet - EVER.

1 in 23 times the person will be bluffing, or overyplaying their AA, or KK.

That's all the odds I need at this point.

umdpoker
12-31-2004, 12:44 PM
"The action in this hand makes it abundantly clear that his opponent has a 7. Hero is holding two of the tens and the button coldcalledpreflop. He could have a big pocket pair but this is unlikely, as he would eventually slowdown, fearing that hero has a 7.

This hand can probably be checkfolded on the river."

you are kidding, right? i think another t, any pocket pair bigger than tt, or any ace could be raised by these retards. i think hero is good here around 1 in 10 times, which is clearly a call with the pot this big. remember, the people at this level don't think "crap, quads beats a full house", or "tt makes a higher boat than my jj". all they see is boat, or trips with ace kicker( yes, even when the trips are on the board!) and the chips go flying.

meep_42
12-31-2004, 02:12 PM
I love button's CC of a raise and a cap pf with 72o.

You'll get that money back from him. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

-d

emonrad87
12-31-2004, 06:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Check-folding the river in a pot this large is horribly weak. Incredibly weak. Fall over and faint when the guy shows his A9 weak.

For more details see Why you guys aren't crushing these Microlimit games... By Ed Miller (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Number=462860&amp;page=0&amp;view=collap sed&amp;sb=9&amp;o=14&amp;fpart=1) . I would say it applies to this situation.

RiverTheNuts
12-31-2004, 07:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

Funniest post evar.

JinX11
12-31-2004, 08:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a funny joke, right? /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

MrDannimal
12-31-2004, 11:59 PM
I can't decide if you really were in this hand, or if you just re-created it in the converter format based on the liverjournal poker community post by the guy who (at least claimed he was) holding the 72o.

spikeanut
01-01-2005, 04:21 AM
Called cap with 72o?! Hopefully he will keep playing like that and lose his BR.

95Aero
01-01-2005, 08:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can't decide if you really were in this hand, or if you just re-created it in the converter format based on the liverjournal poker community post by the guy who (at least claimed he was) holding the 72o.

[/ QUOTE ]

Believe me it did happen and I couldn't believe it when I checked my hand history to find out it was a 2o he was holding in addition to his 7... He did claim it was his last hand for the night but I find that no excuse to play crap like that, but like the others have pointed out - I'll get my money back from him in the longer run =)

josh1122
01-01-2005, 08:27 PM
Had a nearly identical hand once...

Hero JJ UTG raises, called by button and BB

BB checks, Flop J55 Hero checks, button bets, Hero raises, eventually capped

Turn X of horseshoes capped 2ways

River 5 i check/raise and call his 3bet

Villian has A5o

MrDannimal
01-03-2005, 01:18 PM
Actually, probably not. From my experience (which admittedly is limited to reading his posts on the aforementioned LJ community) he's a better then average player.

It doesn't matter if you find his excuse acceptable. He played 1 crap hand 1 time and got super lucky.

Danenania
01-03-2005, 02:23 PM
An face up open fold would be cooler.

meep_42
01-04-2005, 11:57 AM
I saw this hand on another forum. Apparently villain was tilting hard.

-d