PDA

View Full Version : Cashout Nonsense

10-25-2001, 03:15 AM
Any truth to the the rumors about losing streaks following cashouts ? I tend to think if they happen at all its because people feel like they have lost after they cashed out so they are desperate to get back to where they were before they cashed out and lose everything...It just occured to me because I want to keep a better part of my bankroll in the paypal account where it gets interest as opposed to on Paradise itself... Let me know guys... --Ricky

10-25-2001, 03:50 AM
Its a whole lot of horseshit.

10-25-2001, 09:29 AM
yes its absolute nonsense, i mean come on if you were running a business with 4-6 million on deposit, what possible incentive would you have to keep that money on deposit? Or at the very least why would you ever want to incentivise players who do keep money on deposit?

call me crazy but if i were running paradise i would most certainly set my algorithms so that they favored players who choose not to frequently cash out in order to ensure that i was gaining interest on their money and also to avoid the administrative costs of cashing out.

what scenario makes the most money? keeping more money on deposit and realizing interest and rake by circulating money amongst players who don’t cash out, or continually watching money leave the vacuum through players who consistently cash out?

10-25-2001, 09:46 AM
" ... if i were running paradise i would most certainly set my algorithms so that they favored players who ... "

I think you might have just ruined your future employment prospects with the 99.99% of honest businesses that treat their customers with respect and common decency.

It is sad to read that there are those who think it is quite normal and acceptable to manipulate whatever can be manipulated to achieve monetary goals.

10-25-2001, 11:26 AM
What's really freaky is when they hit the "losing streak" button moments after you THINK about cashing out, but don't actually do it.

Of course, that would seem awfully paranoid of me to believe they're reading minds, too. I think the way the losing streak script works is it watches for players who open the cashier window, pause for 15 seconds, close it, open it again, etc. It probably also has some sort of sniffer that can tell if you're running the Windows calculator during those pauses.

I tell ya, these guys have all the bases covered.

10-25-2001, 11:30 AM
I honestly don't know one way or the other what the truth is here. I'd certainly like to believe that everything is on the up and up, and it probably is. But it certainly wouldn't be hard to do if they wanted to, and there would be no way to prove it. Again, I have no opinion on whether that is happenning or not, but unless there is concrete proof against it, I wouldn't rule it out.

10-25-2001, 11:43 AM
How about if Paradise just notes who are building their accounts to a level where they might cash out, and then flip the switch. If they fall asleep, and someone takes an early cash-out, they can flip the switch for spite.

Tom D

10-25-2001, 11:46 AM
It's been a while since I have read some of your bullshit.

It's good to lol again.

Miles...So What.

10-25-2001, 12:03 PM
Where did you get your number: 99.99%?

***"It is sad to read that there are those who think it is quite normal and acceptable to manipulate whatever can be manipulated to achieve monetary goals."***

You've heard the phrase, "Sad but true"? Your sadness or happiness has nothing to do with what goes on in the world. A lot of things that happen make me sad, but they keep happening anyway.

Tom D

10-25-2001, 12:21 PM
Ah, Miles my old friend, it's good to hear from you. Did you run out of pills?

Tom D

10-25-2001, 01:24 PM
Unfortunately, you missed the point and picked up on the wrong word: "sad".

It is the fact that some people think it is "acceptable" for others to be fraudulent in their business activities that I was trying to moot.

In my book, and also particularly in relation to poker, from a peer point of view, it is never "acceptable" to be anything except totally honest. Leave your stash on my table and it will be there to the penny when you return.

Less the antes, of course.

But that's life.

10-26-2001, 12:52 AM
To add fuel to the fire, I cashed out and sure enough i lost $250 in the next couple hours of play /images/wink.gif ooohh big conspiracy. oh well ... im slowly makin it back. seeya guys

10-27-2001, 06:27 AM