PDA

View Full Version : 66 in LP

bozlax
12-30-2004, 10:05 PM
No significant reads. Should I have bailed, and if so, where?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, BB calls, MP1 folds.

River: (7.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, Button folds.

Final Pot: 7.25 BB

Nick C
12-30-2004, 11:55 PM
I probably would have folded preflop. I might limp, though, and hope the button and blinds come along. (With 66, what I really want is to have a lot of opponents and to hit a set.)

I've made this kind of preflop raise before, though. I would tend to do it if MP1 was loose (and thus very easily could have only one overcard) and I thought I could get heads-up with him.

But your raise didn't limit the field much. Plus, there's an ace on the flop, which you can't like too much. But, after it was checked to me, I might fire a bet into the pot in the hopes that the ace will scare my opponents and I can take it right there.

After that didn't work, I think I'd just give up.

But, since no one else bet during the hand besides you, there really isn't a time to bail postflop.