PDA

View Full Version : Posting in the CO

BabyJesus
12-30-2004, 08:59 PM
I'm not sure if this has ever been addressed before. Do the benefits of posting in the CO in a 10 handed game outweigh the game selection.

The scenerio is sitting in the CO seat in a 10 handed online game (PP 15 for example) then leaving the table before the BB hits you. You pay $15 to see 7 hands which is roughly $2.15 vs. $25 for 10 hands just posting the in BB and playing your SB. This comes out to $2.50.

$.35 a hand doesn't sound all that impressive, but over time it can add up quite a bit. Now obviously you won't be able to adjust to tables very well and won't have many reads on your opponent. Now lets say you have an extensive PT database and great notes on each person. Is it now much more profitable to Post in the CO and leave before the BB hits you?

Nightwish
12-30-2004, 09:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure if this has ever been addressed before. Do the benefits of posting in the CO in a 10 handed game outweigh the game selection.

The scenerio is sitting in the CO seat in a 10 handed online game (PP 15 for example) then leaving the table before the BB hits you. You pay $15 to see 7 hands which is roughly $2.15 vs. $25 for 10 hands just posting the in BB and playing your SB. This comes out to $2.50.

$.35 a hand doesn't sound all that impressive, but over time it can add up quite a bit. Now obviously you won't be able to adjust to tables very well and won't have many reads on your opponent. Now lets say you have an extensive PT database and great notes on each person. Is it now much more profitable to Post in the CO and leave before the BB hits you?

[/ QUOTE ]
No. You forgot to add in the value of the button or the value of the time you'll be wasting by waiting for the CO to post.

TStoneMBD
12-31-2004, 01:06 AM
you can search the archives for an arguement that took place a couple weeks ago on this forum that debated whether it was more profitable to post in the CO or the BB. many players said that its more profitable to post in the CO, but my opinion is that its better to post in the BB. if you were to side with the arguements of posting in the CO, then yes, switching table to table would in fact be +EV.

stoxtrader
12-31-2004, 10:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
if you were to side with the arguements of posting in the CO, then yes, switching table to table would in fact be +EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would argue that even if it is +EV per hand, It's not +EV per hour - nightwish said it well.

TStoneMBD
12-31-2004, 12:41 PM
notice that i said that it is +EV to post in the CO and then change tables. i didnt say it was more or less EV than staying at the table and continue playing, and that wasnt his question. he may be a losing player, in which case it is +EV to post in the CO, and then switch to another table and post in the CO there, and it would be even more +EV if he just posted in the CO, and then shut off his computer and quit.

Clarkmeister
12-31-2004, 12:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you can search the archives for an arguement that took place a couple weeks ago on this forum that debated whether it was more profitable to post in the CO or the BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, really? Especially in a 3-chip, 2-chip structure it's way better to post. I'm really surprised there was actually a debate aboutit.

TStoneMBD
12-31-2004, 01:36 PM
sorry clark, i believe the debate was about a 2/1 blind structure. i dont think anyone thinks that posting is -EV in a 3/2 structure. in a 2/1 structure you still thinking posting is correct?

Clarkmeister
12-31-2004, 01:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
sorry clark, i believe the debate was about a 2/1 blind structure. i dont think anyone thinks that posting is -EV in a 3/2 structure. in a 2/1 structure you still thinking posting is correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Especially if it's 10-handed, but even 9-handed. Not only is the per hand cost cheaper, you get your money posted with position instead of out of position.

Gabe
12-31-2004, 02:34 PM
my over/under for posting behind in a 2/1 blind is 7 players. (it would be higher if the game was passive.)

mr_jmac
12-31-2004, 02:44 PM
Is this because if the game was passive then there is less of a chance of your blinds getting raised if you came into the game in the big blind?

[ QUOTE ]
my over/under for posting behind in a 2/1 blind is 7 players. (it would be higher if the game was passive.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Gabe
12-31-2004, 09:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is this because if the game was passive then there is less of a chance of your blinds getting raised if you came into the game in the big blind?

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/ QUOTE ]

yes