cockandbull
12-30-2004, 08:27 PM
Just wondering...

How many people here give blood?

How many have regular aids tests?

harry

daryn
12-30-2004, 08:28 PM
i gave blood for the first time 2 weeks ago. i will likely do it on a semi-regular basis.

i have never been tested for AIDS, as i estimate my chances of having it essentially 0%.

now that i think of it, i probably have been tested for AIDS, since i gave blood 2 weeks ago. other than that, i haven't.

Sponger15SB
12-30-2004, 08:30 PM
Never and Never.

You should have done a poll.

I go to mexico a lot though, so like I can't give blood or something? Either way I wouldn't give blood.

cockandbull
12-30-2004, 08:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i gave blood for the first time 2 weeks ago. i will likely do it on a semi-regular basis.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice one, i'm planning to start giving blood within the next month or so. How did you find it?

cockandbull
12-30-2004, 08:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was hoping for some whys. Maybe i didnt think through the wording of the question enough.

daryn
12-30-2004, 08:39 PM
it's a breeze. you go in, fill out a form. they prick your finger and test for iron content i think. if you are all set then you lie down on a table and they stick a needle in your arm.

you chill out there for about 5-10 minutes, and then go over to a table with snacks. eat some crackers, drink some water, 10 minutes later you leave.

daryn
12-30-2004, 08:40 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

I was hoping for some whys. Maybe i didnt think through the wording of the question enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

i did it because i saw it as an easy way to help people in need.

jakethebake
12-30-2004, 08:52 PM
I used to give blood regularly. They came right to my employer's building so it was very convenient. I havent since I moved here in Aug. though. I just had an AIDS test for some life insurance. I was negative for both AIDS and cocaine...lol.

cockandbull
12-30-2004, 09:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
they stick a needle in your arm.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is enough to make me want to cry, but i guess the reason you gave for going is enough of a reason to make a grown man cry.

With regards to not having an aids test, i'm guessing you've been with more than one person. How were you so sure you didnt have it? For no other reason than thinking about this on the bus home after a night out, i'm planning to have a test after every lucky(unlucky) lady.

cockandbull
12-30-2004, 09:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
and cocaine

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad man. This should always be positive.

CCx
12-30-2004, 10:02 PM
i dont give blood, they dont like someone covered in tattoos coming in to give, makes them nervous i guess

get tested for aids each year when i have blood taken at the doctor as part of my physical

daryn
12-30-2004, 10:11 PM
they stick a needle in your arm.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is enough to make me want to cry, but i guess the reason you gave for going is enough of a reason to make a grown man cry.

With regards to not having an aids test, i'm guessing you've been with more than one person. How were you so sure you didnt have it? For no other reason than thinking about this on the bus home after a night out, i'm planning to have a test after every lucky(unlucky) lady.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, some people are weird about needles, not me.

i have only been with a small number of girls, and was with them when we were in a relationship. i am virtually 100% certain they don't have AIDS.

liquidboss
12-30-2004, 10:23 PM
Not me and no.

I do too many drugs to give blood but not the ones that give me AIDS so I don't need a test. hehe

Sponger15SB
12-30-2004, 10:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

i have only been with a small number of girls

[/ QUOTE ]

No suprise there /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

MelchyBeau
12-30-2004, 11:02 PM
give blood 3 times a year

I have yet to participate in any activity that would give me a chance of getting aids

Melch

gcoutu
12-30-2004, 11:58 PM
I don't give blood but my fiance does regularly. We were both tested for AIDS in college and passed it (got a 65 as Chris Rock would say).

I should give blood, but never got into it cause I always played sports and we would die if we gave blood and then tried to make it through 3 hours of wrestling. Now that I'm out of school and all I should for the reason Daryn gave: easy way to help those in need.

CCass
12-31-2004, 12:44 AM
I have never given blood.

I have been tested for AIDS at least 3 times (all for "big" Life Insurance policies). I am 1 of those guys that is worth more dead than alive. Hopefully my wife hasn't figured that out yet.