PDA

View Full Version : 77 against PFR and large field, low-ish flop

pstripling
12-30-2004, 08:10 PM
PartyPoker 3/6, 10 handed, table overall is loose passive. PFR has not played many hands. Hero is UTG+1.

UTG calls, Hero calls (7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif), MP1 raises, MP2 calls, folded to button who calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls

14sb
FLOP: 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif (7 Players)

Checked to Hero who Checks???, MP1 bets, MP2 folds, Button calls, SB raises, BB folds, UTG folds, Hero folds???

I can't help but think I played this all wrong. Any suggestions?

Nick C
12-30-2004, 08:38 PM
If you're going to fight for the pot on the flop, all you can really do is lead the betting and hope MP1 will raise with overcards and that this raise will clear out the field and get you heads-up. But if MP1 is more likely to call with overcards instead, then this bet won't do you much good (especially since you'll still get raised by an overpair).

I think checking and then folding after MP1 bets and SB checkraises is okay. Maybe MP1 bet overcards and SB checkraised a flush draw, and if you knew this was the case, you shouldn't fold (well, unless a pair of eights came with SB's flush draw). Or maybe SB is checkraising a pair or a pocket pair that doesn't beat yours. But I think you're drawing to two outs more often than either of these things -- especially since the table is loose-passive.