PDA

View Full Version : Best Strategy for WSOP ME Satellite

CarlSpackler
12-30-2004, 07:43 PM
I'm playing in the WSOP ME satellite at the Harrah's in Omaha next week (birthday gift). The tourney will consist of 10 tables of 10 people on Friday/Saturday, with the winner of each table playing at the final table on Sunday. Basically, you have to win back-to-back sng's to win this thing. Payouts are as follows:

1st Place wins a seat to the WSOP ME and $1000.
2nd place wins $2500
3rd place $1000
4th place $500
5th place $400
6th place $300
7th - 10th $200

I'm obviously going to play to win 1st place. I believe everyone starts with 3000 chips, and blinds start at 25/50 and double every 20 minutes. There are no antes. My main question with regards to strategy has to do with the first table, where you need to eliminate the other 9 players to advance to the final table. More specifically, I'm trying to determine when I should change gears and start playing more aggressively, and start stealing the blinds. I play sng's online at Party, and usually wait until Level 4 (50/100) to start stealing blinds. Would the gap concept be smaller than a typical sng, because only first place is rewarded, and you have to push more small edges?

I'm thinking about playing some qualifying sng's online, where only 1st place is rewarded with the free entry, in order to get some practice at this type of STT structure. I've played in one-table, winner take all tourneys before, but making a deal was always an option once the field was down to heads up play. This is obviously not the case here.

I figure I can play my regular game at the final table. Any advice and insight would be appreciated.

CarlSpackler
12-31-2004, 01:02 PM
bump