PDA

View Full Version : Wild at Heart

Anadrol 50
12-30-2004, 07:41 PM
Today, while at work, I decided to take a break from poker and watched this movie... What a cool flick!!! Anyone else like this ?

A couple of questions...

Was there ever a sequel ?
When that guy with the [censored] up teeth was harassing Lula, was she getting aroused ? Towards the end, it looked like she wanted him to continue...

DPCondit
12-30-2004, 08:03 PM
That movie was great.

DPCondit
12-30-2004, 08:06 PM
I'm pretty sure there was never a sequel. Was she getting aroused? You mean with that whacko (Willem Dafoe), it's been a long time since I saw that movie, but I don't remember her enjoying his company much.

Rushmore
12-30-2004, 09:34 PM
I'm a big David Lynch fan (see avatar).

I am not a huge fan of Wild At Heart. I think it's really funny in places ("You'll hear a DEEP sound comin from old Bobby Peru," and then Bobby Peru blowing his own head off with a shotgun, "Sailor, you MOVE me," etc). But the whole Wizard of Oz thing is annoying.

But who would ever know that Laura Dern might be this sexy?

And yes, she WAS getting turned on by Bobby Peru.

But that, I believe, was not intended to be funny.

fnord_too
12-30-2004, 09:48 PM
I liked it. When I worked in a little single screen theatre as a teenager, we had this movie for like a month. At one time I knew the dialog almost by heart (I watched a few times, but also you could hear it in the loby.) Also, I had a couple of the promotional T-shirts (we got them for free) that had "Wild at Heart" on the front and "Hotter Than Georgia Asphalt" on the back.