PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone use iTunes?

Tyler Durden
12-30-2004, 07:15 PM
I'm using it for my iPod and I'm trying to change the tags for most of the mp3s I've got. So I spent an hour doing that yesterday and I got them all corrected. But apparently they didn't save. So when I reopened the program later, all my work was lost.

I don't even see a way to save all the changes I made. Does anyone know what I'm talking about or have a way to solve this dilemma?

GuyOnTilt
12-30-2004, 07:18 PM
Ugh. That sucks. It's always saved for me though. I just tested to make sure by changing a tag, closing the program, and opening it again and the tag was still changed. Right-click, Get Info, Info tab, right?

GoT

Shilly
12-30-2004, 07:26 PM
I just got an iPod for Christmas and realized the same thing. One thing that you can do is change the tags through Windows Media Player, then import all of the tracks into your iTunes. Not sure if it's easier this way than using iTunes, but it worked for me.

_2000Flushes
12-30-2004, 07:30 PM
Yeah, that's really annoying. I just burned all my songs to disc and then ripped them back as mp3s.

I'd like to know of a faster way, though.

-2kF

Phat Mack
12-30-2004, 08:37 PM
What did you use to change the tags? What information in the tags were you changing? Part of the iTunes software is set up to ignore some modified tags (part of the deal made with the music companies that wanted to avoid too much piracy), so depending on what software you used to change the mp3s, you may get mixed results for imports from iTunes. As a side note, iTunes stores the mp3s in arranged folders as part of the preferences. Are you certain you reimported the files after the changes?