PDA

View Full Version : All in w/ Straight + Flush draw

Stope
12-30-2004, 06:11 PM
Looking at the odds, if you have a straight and a flush draw on the river you want to call any raise as long as it is about 1/2 the pot or less. (assuming they are nut str8/flus)

But if you go all in the odds are .85 to 1 that on the turn or the river you will complete. So this means you should always go all in on a straight + flush draw, correct?
(assuming they are nut str8/flus)

Kaz The Original
12-30-2004, 06:55 PM
I'm not sure if you mean flop or turn in the first paragraph so I cannot really understand your question.

A straight and a flush draw is definitely pushable on the flop and also you can call an all in. It's better to push, because while you are a favourite over ALMOST any hand, you are only a slight favourite over ALMOST any hand. So you'd prefer to push and they fold rather then they push and you call.

On the turn it's much different because your chances of making it are roughly half.

TrailofTears
12-30-2004, 07:23 PM
Can you reword the question? It says on the river but I am sure you just mistyped. Thanks.

Stope
12-30-2004, 07:37 PM
All decisions being made at the flop (before turn is revealed). So 2 more cards will be seen w/o any action.