PDA

View Full Version : Blind Steal with A9, how is my line?

Erik W
12-30-2004, 06:05 PM
BB is TA preflop and PFA 1.8

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Checked due to both a T and a Q (don't care about the 2 flush that much), not unlikely he has one of them. Better to bet and check the river or fold to a cr?

What about if just one big card?

River: (3.25 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Right to call?
Feels like a mistake to me in this small pot.

How is my line altogether?

lil'
12-30-2004, 06:10 PM
You have to make a decision on the turn, I think. The 2nd seven is not a bad card for you if your opponent is the type who likes to peel one off on the flop or call down with an unimproved high card.

If you feel your opponent is tight and would only call the flop if he caught a pretty good piece of it, then I think you can check the turn and fold to the river bet. The fact that the river is a J makes the river fold easier.

akh911007
12-30-2004, 06:13 PM
I would prefer to go ahead and bet the turn and let that be the last bet I put into the pot unimproved. There's a chance you could still be ahead and/or he may fold. With this line, you didnt give him a chance to fold past the flop.

Just my 2 cents....

12-30-2004, 06:21 PM
I think betting the turn is best here.

If you do check the turn, you should probably fold the river to that bet.

These are such delicate situations.

Erik W
12-31-2004, 01:22 AM
BB had JJ so he made a set on the River