PDA

View Full Version : Straight Flush Gutshot vs Set hand

LooseAggressive
12-30-2004, 05:29 PM
PokerStars (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero(T1520) is MP1 with 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif. SB posts a blind of 10.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, MP2 folds, MP3(T1470) calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB (poster) completes, BB checks.

Flop: 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets 1070 (All-In)</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls.

River: 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot:

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has 3s As (straight, five high).
MP3 has 4d 4c (full house, fours full of twos).
Outcome: MP3 wins . </font>

While my preflop play might be less then optimal I thought I played the hand alright. I'm curious as to what everyone thinks about my line. I thought my turn play was very good as I had put him on a set and was very happy to see that seemingly non threatining(for him) non-spade 5(a spade 5 would have been much better!!!). Anyway, rip me up!

drewjustdrew
12-30-2004, 05:48 PM
I am assuming the bets on the flop are the minimum since there is no total listed.

I would have at least bet the turn in case there were people drawing to hands. If someone has hearts, he will pay to see the last card if the bet is not overly huge. A set will call pretty much anything here. Otherwise, you were right to go all-in, but there was nothing you could do about losing all your chips.

Cleveland Guy
12-30-2004, 05:51 PM
1. Fold pre flop
2. I'm tempted to fold to the raise on the flop - but you didn't mention the size of the original bet or the raise, so you might have had some good pot odds

3. You played the turn fine, sucks about the river.

LooseAggressive
12-30-2004, 05:56 PM
Yes, I got in for the T20 chip minimum. Either I used the converter wrong or it isn't working right because stack sizes weren't listed and I usually see them. Thanks for the feedback. I checked to him because I thought he would bet big with a set, but very good point with the backdoor heart draw.

LooseAggressive
12-30-2004, 05:59 PM
The converter didn't seem to get that, sorry. The original better bet the pot 120, I called 120, mp3 reraised 260. First raiser called, So i called as well. I think the pot odds may have been alright for it. Perhaps I put too much value in the gutshot draw to go with the flush draw.