PDA

View Full Version : getting my feet wet at the party 10+1's

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
12-30-2004, 04:27 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP3 (t90)
CO (t1210)
Button (t2175)
SB (t705)
Hero (t680)
UTG (t570)
UTG+1 (t255)
MP1 (t1430)
MP2 (t885)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls t30, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls t30, CO calls t30, Button folds, SB folds, Hero checks.

Flop: (t135) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero ?

Sure this is a piece of cake but I am really clueless.

UMTerp
12-30-2004, 04:34 PM
If all your opponents had equal stacks of 800, I'd bet out 100 or so, as you figure to be value betting the best hand, and you don't want a flush draw to get odds to call.

However, given the stack sizes here, I'd play this one a little different. I'd check, expecting one of the two smaller stacks to go all-in and try to pick up the dead money in the pot. Then you can call UTG+1 or MP3's all-in when it gets back to you. Only tricky spot would be if one of the short stacks went all-in and the CO repopped him. There'd be a chance the CO could do this with a middle pair as an isolation play, but at this stage, the safe play in that case would be to lay down anf only lose your blind in the hand.

It's not completely unreasonable that one of your opponents has a 6 since everyone limped, but you should be more than willing to invest the 90 or 255 chips with top pair here to find out.