PDA

View Full Version : an easy value bet?

donger
12-30-2004, 04:16 PM
I just took 5 days off from poker when home for the holidays. I may have lost my cajones in the meantime. Do you guys think this is a reasonable check? (Typical loose players. SB is 59%/15% VP$IP/PF Raise)

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed)converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP2 folds, CO calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, UTG+1 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, UTG+1 calls, CO calls.

River: (13 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, CO checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 13 BB

AviD
12-30-2004, 04:18 PM
Yes, seems easy...and I hate QJo, except the blinds or if I'm openraising on a steal. Limping with QJo just makes me feel dirty...

Bob T.
12-30-2004, 04:18 PM
Yes.

Haupt_234
12-30-2004, 04:28 PM
Bet the river. Limping with QJo on the button is fine.

Haupt_234

donger
12-30-2004, 04:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, seems easy...and I hate QJo, except the blinds or if I'm openraising on a steal. Limping with QJo just makes me feel dirty...

[/ QUOTE ]

My friends and I call that hand 'The Danny Bonaduce' (Jack-Queen off). Alternately, 'The Eddie Murphy' /images/graemlins/smile.gif
Makes me feel dirty too.

Thanks for the input.

7ontheline
12-30-2004, 04:37 PM
I'd bet the river, although I wouldn't typically limp with QJo, even on the button. No one has shown any aggression back at you, and if these are typical loose idiots I think you have a value bet. I doubt anyone has AA-JJ, so that's out. You're really only behind to AJ, KJ, JT, J7, TT, 98, 77, or some idiot with a 6. I have to imagine that JT, TT, 77, or 98 would have popped you back somewhere, so I bet it hoping no one has KJ or AJ.

AviD
12-30-2004, 04:38 PM
Haupt:

Obviously I feel differently here, but that doesn't mean I am right.

Just looking at PokerRooms's EV chart, it lists it as +0.17 but I am wondering factoring in the SB's raise how much that is impacted.

And QJo drastically deteriorates in EV as you move up even 1 seat, and I further question how much "more information" you have on the button here if the SB didn't raise PF but rather just called.

Overall, it is listed at +0.03 (quite marginal), but I guess limping with QJo is "OK" in that respect but obviously an easily dominated hand.

lil'
12-30-2004, 05:32 PM
Yup, you lost your cajones over the holidays. Bet the river.

Any rational reason to be afraid of someone getting runner runner trip sixes?

DemonDeac Holding Rockets
12-30-2004, 05:38 PM
def need to bet the river here