PDA

View Full Version : Showing Cards before the hand is over???

JDL4407
12-30-2004, 04:04 PM
I want to know what the rules or guidelines are for showing cards before the hand is over. Is it ok to state what you have? How about say you have a card and ask if they want to see it?

Here's the situation: Home Game, Tourny, 3 handed, 4-8 blinds moving to 6-12.

I hold Q8 spades on the big blind. Button folds, SB raises 8, I call. At this point in the game, a raise just means he has a playable hand. He's chip leader and had been stealing pots for a while.

Flop comes T Q 7, two clubs. SB checks. I bet 8, he raises 15 more.

I only have 19 left, so if I call I'm basically all in. I have him pegged for lesser hand then me.

At this point I want to make him fold so he doesn't outdraw me, but the 4 extra dollars isn't enough, even with a bluff or bottom pair he'll call.

Can I show him my Q?

Can I state that I have a Q?

Can I ask him if he want to see my Q?

If he says yes can I show it then?

If I show can I just show one card?

If he knows I have a queen and he's on a bluff he's got to lay it down.

Thoughts?

meep_42
12-30-2004, 04:37 PM
You've pot committed yourself already, check-raise him all-in next time on that flop.

As for showing cards, at my home game it's a no-no. No talking about your hand (whether you folded or not) while the hand is still going on. You can talk out a decision, postulating what the opponent has, but cannt talk about your own hand.

-d

nuclear500
12-30-2004, 05:11 PM
Based on your description of your stack size which apparently is the shortest by far, it looks like you should have pushed rather then min-bet.

As for saying what you have? No, merely say "I have a good hand" etc