PDA

View Full Version : PF folding after limping

Schizo
12-30-2004, 03:58 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, MP2 calls, Hero folds.

Flop: (6.50 SB)

Is this correct? When should I fold to 1 raise after limping? General rules?

I didn't see this in SSH.

onegymrat
12-30-2004, 04:54 PM
Hi Schizo,

It is almost always correct to call one extra bet preflop after limping especially when you close the action. However, should the button be an extremely tight player, it MAY be a good idea to fold. Unfortunately for me, I haven't found that situation yet, since I'm always the tightest player at the table.

You may get some responses regarding K-10o, whether to have played it or not. Regardless, I think a call is fine.

Rudbaeck
12-30-2004, 05:37 PM
You should call, especially as you close the action.

If I hade played 200 hands against button and he has raised twice in that time I'd grit my teeth, but still call.

captZEEbo1
12-30-2004, 11:52 PM
I fold this preflop, but a call is OKAY I guess. If you look at the average EV by position for it:
<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>Cards SB BB 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 D
KT -0.20 -0.16 -0.08 -0.09 -0.05 -0.06 -0.05 -0.04 0.01 0.07</pre><hr /> (source: pokerroom.com )

I think calling is almost always correct after you limp and someone else raises (if it's just 1 more bet to you, and it's unlikely that it will get reraised again). I JUST read it in SSH yesterday or today. Let me see if I can find the page # for fun /images/graemlins/smile.gif...[1 minute passes]...see page 86

Schizo
12-31-2004, 04:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Let me see if I can find the page # for fun /images/graemlins/smile.gif...[1 minute passes]...see page 86

[/ QUOTE ]

Time to read SSH again....

Thanks guys for the help guys.

cheapshades
01-01-2005, 09:18 PM
Depending on the strength of the Raiser if they are just a blatant raiser and I have a hand good enough to call conversely, my hand should be good enough to RR to qualify the raisers hand. If they reraise and I do not have a TP I will generally fold. I prefer to see 70% of my hand after the Flop before I make my 3 bet decisions.