PDA

View Full Version : Is this a river value bet?

RED_RAIN
12-30-2004, 03:17 PM
Wondering about river play.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. MP3 posts a blind of $3. MP2 posts a blind of $4.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 (poster) checks, MP3 (poster) checks, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (12.33 SB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (8.66 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls.

River: (12.66 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP3 folds.

I'm wondering with 3 behind, if it's better to check/call here. I don't want to be raised really. If I check/call, may get a worse hand to bet that wouldn't have made a call. Only bad thing is if it goes check...bet...raise...but I'd still probably call 2 cold on the river if I didn't think it would get 3 bet.

Final Pot: 14.66 BB

MoreWineII
12-30-2004, 03:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is this a river value bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

RED_RAIN
12-30-2004, 03:29 PM
So you would rather bet out than check/call versus 3 players? Reasoning?

MoreWineII
12-30-2004, 03:35 PM
Why take the chance of letting it get checked through? Bet, they'll call with any pair. You say you don't want to get raised, but what indication do you have that anybody has a hand that beats you? That board is about as non-scary as it gets for KK. Sure, somebody might have an eight, good for them.

Are you thinking that the other players are more likely to call if it's not you making the bet? Wouldn't you think it's just as scary for them if a different player suddenly woke up and bet?

Things being what they are, I'd think I had the best hand and would want to bet and let them call - that's what they like to do.

smoore
12-30-2004, 03:38 PM
Not only is it a good value bet, it's automatic for me with that board/action.

Kaz The Original
12-30-2004, 03:46 PM
if it had went bet - raise you 3 bet on the flop and all the action had been the same then I check call the river.

Redeye
12-30-2004, 03:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if it had went bet - raise you 3 bet on the flop and all the action had been the same then I check call the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why should that type of flop action stop you from value betting this river? There are a ton of more aggressive players that would raise many smaller PP than your kings with this board, and some clowns who will raise you because they assume you must have missed the board. If you got raised and you 3-bet the flop, no one showed any aggression, I would still value bet this river.

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
12-30-2004, 04:02 PM
Tough river decision.

Against one opponent I would probably check to try and induce a bluff.
Against two opponents I would bet.
Against three or more opponents I think I check and call one.

lil'
12-30-2004, 05:30 PM
You must bet the river here. Worse hands will call, and you simply can't pass up the BB's you will collect by betting rivers like this consistantly.