PDA

View Full Version : KQs and a lot of icky postflop decisions.

Entity
12-30-2004, 02:39 PM
The guys who follow me are the LP-P in this hand is known for bluffing, but this is an awfully tough situation for anyone to bluff.

So: flop play is standard -- comments on turn and river play?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 <font color="#A500AF">(LP-P)</font> calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, MP1 <font color="#A500AF">(LP-P)</font> calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
UTG checks, LP-P checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO folds, Button calls, UTG folds, LP-P calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (8.75 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
LP-P checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

River: (8.75 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">LP-P bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, Button calls.

Final Pot: 12.75 BB

Rob

lu_hawk
12-30-2004, 02:49 PM
Yeah that turn card is the absolute worst one in the deck for you. I probably bet the turn and fold to any raise or c/r. River depends on who calls, I value bet it against one bad player.

But after you check the turn I wouldn't overcall the river. Like you said this is a tough spot to bluff.

Entity
12-30-2004, 02:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah that turn card is the absolute worst one in the deck for you. I probably bet the turn and fold to any raise or c/r. River depends on who calls, I value bet it against one bad player.

But after you check the turn I wouldn't overcall the river. Like you said this is a tough spot to bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I bet, though, I have to call a raise (getting over 10:1). I figured check-calling would be the best plan against this many opponents.

Rob

sfer
12-30-2004, 03:03 PM
You played it fine. The turn check is good.

BottlesOf
12-30-2004, 03:23 PM
Oooh, that's nice.