PDA

View Full Version : River decision, four-flush v. possible maniac

ElSapo
12-30-2004, 02:32 PM
I'm going from memory, but this is pretty accurate. I don't have too much of a read, except on that late-position guy winning pots. The button has won 5 of the last 5 pots, and before that went 4/4 before losing one (with AA, ironically). So, while I don't have too much of a read and haven't noticed a ton of pre-flop aggression, it does seem like he's pushing post flop.

Anyways, I'm in the BB with 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Two limpers, the button limps, I check.

Flop is 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif

I bet. Folded to the button who raises, I three-bet, he caps. I call.

Turn is a 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I check-raise, he three-bets, I call.

River is K /images/graemlins/heart.gif...

Your action?

12-30-2004, 02:35 PM
The pot has roughly 18 bb if I did my math right there.

I don't see any other line than to check/call the river.

Betting is out of the question because you hand isn't good here over 55% of the time.

Folding is out of the question because of the way he played the flop.

AviD
12-30-2004, 02:41 PM
Check/call, big pot...if he has a heart he has a heart. If he has two, he's running sick and you need to smack him with a Hoyle deck and slow him down! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Verse this kind of opponent, you committed yourself heavily on the turn and laying down a pot this size for 1 more bet I think would be bad. Call and just live with the results, good or bad, but I think you'll be good enough here often enough to show a profit, especially vs a flopped set and overplayed two pair.

ElSapo
12-30-2004, 02:46 PM
To clarify -- laying down never crossed my mind to a guy who's won 9/10 pots. Turn check-raise ok? Better than bet-raise-threebet, I figure, because I'm committed to calling and betting out gives him the cap option...

River... Clark's theory says bet but I guess that doesn't apply here... I've been getting popped often when I bet the river HU out of position on a 4-flush. Maybe running bad, maybe over-aggro bluffs?