PDA

View Full Version : Need advice about bubble / ALL-in time play....

PokerPaul
12-30-2004, 01:31 PM
am doing well in those single table tourneys and 2 table ones at party, but still come bubble time things seem to go against me more often than normal.

While things appear bad luck, i am sure there may be pointers i could use....

For one, once it gets to that stage blinds are so hi that its usually allin or nothing...people don't just call the BB and hope to see flop for minimum.

given that...what hands are playable. and should any of them be played without moving allin.

Here are some examples.....assume in all cases 5 or 6 players with 4 getting paid...u are average stack with 2000, and blinds are 200/400.

1. U on button with 44..all folded to you..blinds have same sized stacks. Allin or fold?

2. On button with 99, cutoff makes it 1000. Call, fold or allin?

3. 3rd step 2 table tourney....top 4 win...down to 6..A7s on button all fold to you...BB is huuuuge stack.

Sidekick
12-30-2004, 02:32 PM
I'll give you my opinion here though I might be off from 'standard' play.

1. Easy push.

2. You don't say how large a stack CO has, but I would lean towards pushing this. The exception would be if CO has been playing extremely tight and has me covered, then I would fold this.

3. Easy push.

By your scenarios you are down to only having 5x the BB. For me this is always a push or fold time. Even if I'm in the BB and someone just limps, unless I've got complete garbage (32o, 42o, etc.) I tend to push all-in as a rule.

It is always better to get your chips in first as it takes a stronger hand to call a raise than to make the raise in the first place.

Hope this helps.