PDA

View Full Version : My first hand post (Jon - this is the one you asked me about )

lstream
12-30-2004, 01:04 PM
I tried the Bison hand convertor for this, but it complains that this is an unconverted format. Therefore the hand history has been manually converted.

I am interested in everyone's thoughts on the initial check raise, which really seemed to light the fire. My original purpose in doing this was due to my position. I would normally complete, but with an early position I was pretty sure that someone would complete if I didn't.

What does everyone think? I didn't raise on 5'th since I thought villains check raise mean't he had a boat. Turns out I was wrong. Is it obvious how to play the rest of this hand, given my cards?

Total number of players : 7
Seat 1: P1 ( $100.5)
Seat 3: hero ( $305)
Seat 4: P3 ( $127.5)
Seat 5: P4 ( $186.5)
Seat 6: P5 ( $160)
Seat 7: P6 ( $219.5)
Seat 8: villain ( $93)
P1 posts ante (0.5)
hero posts ante (0.5)
P3 posts ante (0.5)
P4 posts ante (0.5)
P5 posts ante (0.5)
P6 posts ante (0.5)
villain posts ante (0.5)
** Dealing **
Dealt to P1 [ 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif ]
Dealt to hero [ A /images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ]
Dealt to hero [ 4/images/graemlins/club.gif ]
Dealt to P3 [ 8/images/graemlins/club.gif ]
Dealt to P4 [ J/images/graemlins/heart.gif ]
Dealt to P5 [ 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ]
Dealt to P6 [ 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif ]
Dealt to villain [ K /images/graemlins/spade.gif ]
P1 bring-ins (1)
hero calls (1)
P3 calls (1)
P4 folds.
P5 calls (1)
P6 calls (1)
villain completes (3)
P1 calls (2)
hero raises (5) to 6
P3 calls (5)
P5 calls (5)
P6 folds.
villain raises (6) to 9
P1 calls (6)
hero raises (6) to 12
P3 calls (6)
P5 calls (6)
villain calls (3)
P1 calls (3)
** Dealing Fourth street **
Dealt to P1 [ 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ]
Dealt to hero [ A/images/graemlins/club.gif ]
Dealt to P3 [ 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif ]
Dealt to P5 [ J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ]
Dealt to villain [ K/images/graemlins/club.gif ]
villain double bets (6)
P1 folds.
hero raises (12) to 12
P3 folds.
P5 calls (12)
villain raises (12) to 18
hero raises (12) to 24
P5 calls (12)
villain calls (6)
** Dealing Fifth street **
Dealt to hero [ K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ]
Dealt to P5 [ 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ]
Dealt to villain [ 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ]
villain checks.

hero bets (6)
P5 calls (6)
villain raises (12) to 12
hero calls (6)
P5 calls (6)
** Dealing Sixth street **
Dealt to hero [ 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif ]
Dealt to P5 [ 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif ]
Dealt to villain [ T/images/graemlins/club.gif ]
villain bets (6)
hero raises (12) to 12
P5 calls (12)
villain calls (6)
** Dealing River **
Dealt to hero [ 6/images/graemlins/club.gif ]
villain checks.
hero bets (6)
P5 calls (6)
villain raises (12) to 12
hero raises (12) to 18
P5 folds.
villain calls (6)

Results shown in next post

lstream
12-30-2004, 01:09 PM
** Summary ** (works out to 41.25 BB)
Main Pot: $247.5 | Rake: $3
P1 balance $88, lost $12.5 (folded) [ XX XX 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ]
** balance $103, sits out
hero balance $474, bet $78.5, collected $247.5, net +$169 [ A /images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif ] [ a full house, Aces full of fours -- A /images/graemlins/spade.gif,A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif,A/images/graemlins/club.gif,4/images/graemlins/club.gif,4/images/graemlins/heart.gif ]
P3 balance $115, lost $12.5 (folded) [ XX XX 8/images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif ]
P4 balance $186, lost $0.5 (folded) [ XX XX J/images/graemlins/heart.gif ]
P5 balance $93.5, lost $66.5 (folded) [ XX XX 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif XX ]
P6 balance $218, lost $1.5 (folded) [ XX XX 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif ]
villain balance $14.5, lost $78.5 [ K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif K /images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif ] [ a full house, Kings full of twos -- K/images/graemlins/heart.gif,K /images/graemlins/spade.gif,K/images/graemlins/club.gif,2/images/graemlins/club.gif,2/images/graemlins/spade.gif ]

Andy B
12-30-2004, 01:10 PM
What exactly did you want us to comment on, except that the format is hard to read? I would probably raise coming in rather than limp/re-raise third, but your way is fine, too. The check-raise on fifth indeed makes it look like he has a full house. You had trip Aces and then Aces-full and jammed. Sounds like standard operating procedure to me.

Andy B
12-30-2004, 01:11 PM
I would suggest waiting a day or so before posting results.

lstream
12-30-2004, 01:17 PM
I am new to this - is there a converter someplace that puts these hands into something more readable? I tried the Bison converter and it won't convert the hand.

I suspected maybe the hand was obvious - you confirmed it I guess.

jon_1van
12-30-2004, 01:27 PM
The bison bison thing used to work. But starting about a 3-4 weeks ago it stopped. I don't know why....so you have to do it by hand

jon_1van
12-30-2004, 01:35 PM
well played

good call on 5th

Afterwords I'm surprised you got so much out of him after you capped on 3rd ..then catch and A and a 4. Because if somebody caps into a K showing I usually put them on AA or rolled. In either case you got him beat.

Glad it was a good day for you.

Sorry you had to witness a particualarly bad hand by me (steal gone wrong).

See you around...I'll somewhat avoid you...but if your at a good table I can't help myself

lstream
12-30-2004, 02:11 PM
Jon,

I can't figure out why he bet so hard either. I was thinking I should avoid you too, but it could be fun being at the same table once in a while. Some of them are pretty hard to pass up, as you mention.

One of the weak parts of my game is steals gone wrong. Sometimes I don't know when to quit and it becomes costly. Just as you were leaving, I had one of these too.