PDA

View Full Version : Bubble Decision

Sixth_Rule
12-30-2004, 12:11 PM
Live tourney 40$ Buy in
18 people
6 people left 5 places pay
(i know we should have payed 4 but we didsn't)

Seat 1 400
Seat 2 700 Been Bullying evryone eith his chip stack for hours
Seat 3 300
Seat 4 200
Seat 5 80 Calls to Often
Hero 120

Blinds 8 16
Hero on the BB has not looked at his hand yet.
Seat 1 Folds
Seat 2 Raises to 32
Seat 3 Folds
Seat 4 Folds
Seat 5 Calls

Hero Looks at hand and has A /images/graemlins/heart.gifJ /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Whats does he do??

RobGW
12-30-2004, 12:46 PM
I would push here. You are most likely ahead against a known bully and a known calling station. You are short on chips and need to make a move. If the bully wins the hand you still come in 5th as long as he calls your push which is quite likely.

UMTerp
12-30-2004, 12:49 PM
Wow, that's a close one. For only 16 chips, I'd probably call and see how the flop fit without knowing anything else about the players, but if the other two tend to fold liberally to reraises, a good argument could be made for pushing as well. You do have position on the stack you're most concerning about, which is nice. Obviously the worst-case sceario would be if you pushed, Player 2 called, and the SB folded. Payout structure matters too.

When you say the SB "calls too much", do you mean he calls with too many hands, or calls with hands he should be raising with (or both)?

woodguy
12-30-2004, 01:00 PM
A push is probably correct here given that there are currently 80 chips in the pot and your reads.

Was the big stack bulling with min-raises or did a min-raise mean he wanted action?

You could make a case for calling here since you are getting 5-1, and you would still have a 6.5 BB's left if you missed the flop and folded (a little weak, but not horrible), but a push is probably better if the bully's min-raise didn't mean he wanted action.

Regards,
Woodguy

Sixth_Rule
12-30-2004, 01:38 PM
called with too many hands and called when he should have raised.
Its funny but this guy is adverse to going all in, but aside from then that he is a total LAG.

tiger7210
12-30-2004, 05:14 PM
You're more than liklely ahead here but because of the current situation on the bubble and the othere short stack in the hamd and crippled- I flat call here. You could be a 3-1 favorite, 3-2 favoited, or possible a slight dog to a coin flip. I just don't feel like busting out 1 from the money with such a slight edge. Even if you win the hand, I don't think your chances of winning the tourny increase enough to make this move profitable.

I think this might even be a good time for a stop and go.

adanthar
12-30-2004, 07:27 PM
Your edge is small, you're getting called by 2 if you push, and 5 will fold because he hates all ins for some reason. But the overlay is, in a word, huge.

I'd call and either push a remotely favorable/completely rag flop or check/fold some 3 club looking thingie.

Sixth_Rule
12-31-2004, 12:42 AM
Hero Pushes All in
Seat 2 calls
Seat 5 folds

Seat 2 shows 77
Seat 3 shows 88 even though he folded
the Ace came and Hero (who is my girlfriend, not me) goes on to get 2nd place

(i was seat 1 and got 3rd)
i thought it was an interesting hand
because until i saw she had a legit hand i thought she made a terrible decision because Seat 5 could have gone out on the hand