PDA

View Full Version : AA Versus Aggression

gaming_mouse
12-30-2004, 10:49 AM
Just sat down, no reads.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, Button calls.

Flop: (9.33 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, Button calls.

Turn: (6.16 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls.

River: (12.16 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 16.16 BB

Question 1: Is my flop 3-bet bad? Thinking about it now, I am either behind (to two pair or a set) in which case I am throwing more money away, or I am ahead and limiting the amount of money I could make (calling and raising the river is a much safer way to make the same amount, since I don't give away a chance for a good laydown).

Question 2: I don't like the river. The better options seem to be check/call or bet/fold to a raise? Since my opponent is unknown, is it fair to rule out folding to a raise and therefore opting to check call?

Kirg
12-30-2004, 11:08 AM
I prefer to stop and go here, I'm not willing to give up yet after his turn raise but I also don't want to bleed chips in case I'm behind so I'm calling the turn-raise and betting the river intending to reluctantly call a raise.

Fat Nicky
12-30-2004, 11:20 AM
I think you played this fine. The turn raise does not automatically mean a set or two pair, it could just as well mean KQ, AQ, or KK and you'd hate to lose bets to someone holding these hands.

You're probably behind when you're raised at the river, but you have to call regardless.