PDA

View Full Version : 99 flop is J63

Schizo
12-30-2004, 09:50 AM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif. MP2 posts a blind of $2.
UTG folds, MP1 calls, MP2 (poster) checks, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds.

Turn: (5 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls.

River: (7 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9 BB

Villians VP$IP is 77.78
Aggression is PF=.2,F=.8,T=1,R=7

Nick C
12-30-2004, 10:01 AM
Out-of-position rivers like this one are difficult for me. But anyway, since MP1's river aggression is so high, I'm thinking check-calling the river is the way to go.

StellarWind
12-30-2004, 12:26 PM
This can't be bad. I think I'd be afraid to fold the river against this player if I got myself raised. Even if folding to a raise is correct there will be a significant EV drain due to the times you get bluffed.

Many weak players will look at the jack and figure you lost your nerve with AA, AQ, or whatever. That's how they play. The result can be that they check their queens but bluff their total busts.

gaming_mouse
12-30-2004, 12:44 PM
I say you did the right thing, even ignoring his aggression. What worse hands are calling your bet? A pair of sixes? I think the chance of that is well under 50%.

On the other hand, there are lots of losing hands that your check will induce to bluff.

gm