PDA

View Full Version : AKo -- I make a boat (eventually)

Nick C
12-30-2004, 09:49 AM
The table is aggressive -- especially preflop -- so I'm having trouble playing anything unless I'm willing to play it for a raise. Fortunately, AKo qualifies.

SB is new to the table, and I only have 14 hands with him total. However, the previous occupant in his seat checkraise-bluffed the river with nothing a few orbits back, which may have influenced me.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif. CO posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (10 SB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

I raised the flop because I thought I might have the best hand. The 3-bet got me to thinking otherwise. Still, I didn't think SB had trip threes.

Turn: (9.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP1 folds.

I decide to call and chase a boat.

River: (11.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises . . .</font>

Now I think my hand is best. Should I? And what do you think of my play in the hand overall?

RubbleRobble
12-30-2004, 10:03 AM
I think putting the SB on something like 99 - JJ is safe. Something that he would call a raise out of position with for only a small discount (playing them mainly for set value). But he would come alive with when the flop comes all lows. I think you are behind on the flop and the turn, but fortunately the pot is big enough to make your line correct at all decision points. How lucky to river the K... /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Villian: "NH, I muck it."