PDA

View Full Version : QQ gone wrong

Larimani
12-30-2004, 08:19 AM
I think I completly misplayed this flop. I KNOW I messed up... am just not sure what the right thing to do is...

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t1205)
UTG+1 (t1540)
MP1 (t785)
MP2 (t1795)
CO (t310)
Button (t1285)
SB (t670)
BB (t410)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
Hero calls t30, UTG+1 calls t30, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises to t165</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t400</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls t235.

Flop: (t875) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets t1395 (All-In)</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: t2270

Marcotte
12-30-2004, 03:09 PM
What level buyin?

Regardless, I don't think limp-reraise is a good line for QQ UTG. Maybe with AA and KK, but not QQ. Let's look a little closer at the villains line. After two limpers, he raises 5.5xBB. On the heads-up flop, the pot is 63% of his stack. If he bets, he has to go all in, which he does. These two actions lead me to believe he is a strong player. Seeing you limp re-raise he probably puts you on a big pair. I can see him making this move with AKs, and a PP you beat(TT-88, though I doubt he would raise pf with those).

Also, you bet 1/3 of your stack pf. I think that's a little too much unless you plan on pushing the flop. Once you limp, maybe it's better to flat call his pf raise - keep the pot small relative to your stack and try to trap him is rags fall. I think you give up too much info with your pf line and flop check. He's 99% sure you don't have a Jack.

Phill S
12-30-2004, 03:23 PM
id go all in either preflop or on the flop or the turn.

i dont think your line preflop was far from perfect, i liked it a lot. if it was earlier in the game you could have gone all in in order to show some crazy factor, but i like the bet, its sizable enough to push out others and win preflop, and also big enough that your getting money on the table if you are called. assuming your ahead this is exactly where you want to put the other guy.

on the flop though you must bet, and given the pot size you must go all in. dont show weakness here. if he has you beat, good for him, but that is a good flop for your queens.

by not betting you give the green light to an all in from an ace, as he assumes thats what you have also. in no limit its often more important to bet first than it is to bet the best.

when he went all in, what did you put him on, cos if it was a jack or two, and he flipped them over, then you have to teach that trick to me some time.

Phill

Phill S
12-30-2004, 03:29 PM
didnt see the limp reraise preflop.

this is bad, as it shows i cant respond on here and play at the same time /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

id bet it preflop to approx 150. and tank it if raised pre. on the flop bet the pot, and prolly call if raised all in. again, i dont think its a bad flop, i dont think anyone should peg you for a J (they would fold or call if they did, not raise you) so they can easily represent the J. or he may be dense and actually have a J and bet it big anyways (sometimes they dont all slowplay).

given the play you had call the all in, given the play i outlined prepare to put your stack on the line, and if you lose it all start up another one.

Phill

cferejohn
12-30-2004, 03:40 PM
Umm. Call the obvious bluff that puts you on AK? It will be very rare for you to see a J here (and it would be a pretty damn bad way to play a J).

cferejohn
12-30-2004, 03:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
didnt see the limp reraise preflop.

this is bad, as it shows i cant respond on here and play at the same time /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

id bet it preflop to approx 150. and tank it if raised pre.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, you would fold QQ to an unknown player heads up preflop? Umm, a little weak-tight, don't you think. Even at the $215 level there are plenty of players who will get all-in with any pair (or nearly any pair). You need a lot more information than that to even consider laying down QQ preflop.

RobGW
12-30-2004, 03:46 PM
If he had a J would he go allin with it or try to extract more from you? If he had AA or KK wouldn't he have reraise pre flop? It is possible he has the goods but I think it is more likely you are ahead here. Also, by raising PF and checking the flop, you made it look like you have AK, thus inducing a bluff from him. I think you have to call here.

cferejohn
12-30-2004, 03:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If he had a J would he go allin with it or try to extract more from you? If he had AA or KK wouldn't he have reraise pre flop? It is possible he has the goods but I think it is more likely you are ahead here. Also, by raising PF and checking the flop, you made it look like you have AK, thus inducing a bluff from him. I think you have to call here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, also, bet the flop. If you check the flop, it must be with the intention of calling or check-raising all-in. What kind of flop are you looking for anyway?

He probably thinks his medium pocket pair is good...