PDA

View Full Version : KEM / Copag Card Storage?

brokenhourglass
12-30-2004, 08:01 AM
Today I received in the mail my very first quality setup: four decks of Copag cards.

I am really pleased with them, but I have a question for all of you with KEM / Copag / or other plastic cards.

I keep 500 chips in one of those generic aluminum cases. The case has space for two decks of cards and I have kept two decks of Bicycles in their cardboard cases in there.

My Copags came in a nice plastic box, but the decks don’t have an individual sleeve like paper cards do. I understand KEMS are shipped in a similar fashion. I usually bring my chip case over to a friend’s house with cards in the appropriate space in my aluminum case. However, without an individual card case for each deck, the bottom cards in the deck start to shift underneath the designated card storage spot and into the dice slot and adjacent chip rows.

My question for those with plastic cards that do not come with individual sleeves is how do you store these in an aluminum chip case?

Do you put them in a cardboard sleeve from another deck?

Do you let them hang loose and not worry about the bottom cards sliding around?

Do you not store them in the aluminum case and take the plastic box with you?

Thanks for your help.

DerryABU
12-30-2004, 08:51 AM
I put the black box inside my aluminium case vertically in the space in the middle,my case is like this one (http://www.gamelandsports.com/.sc/ms/dd/1104408724002719/9/nc/POKER%20Chips^2FSupplies--Cases%2C%20Racks%20%26%20Carousels/513/300%20capacity%20Executive%20Poker%20Chip%20Case). They fit fine with space for a dealer button and small timer underneath.

Nagoo81
12-30-2004, 09:24 AM
Ironically, you know what makes good card cases for Copags? Royal cases! So, buy Royals (then proceed to use them for bookmarks) and store your Copags in there. Good deal.

dblgutshot
12-30-2004, 09:40 AM
I have an aluminum case also, I just removed the green dividor separating the spaces in the middle. Now the black box for the kems fit perfectly in the case.

tomb1
12-30-2004, 02:28 PM
And I thought I was the only one with that problem!

I use the cardboard box from old Bicycles. Works great and fits anywhere. It holds the cards real flat & tight. (I still use the plastic Kem box for traveling without the chips.)

See how I made it into a Kem case with the professional printing!?! This cost me a lot!

http://www.msnusers.com/tombpictures/Documents/kem box.jpg

- tomb

warewulf
12-30-2004, 03:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ironically, you know what makes good card cases for Copags? Royal cases! So, buy Royals (then proceed to use them for bookmarks) and store your Copags in there. Good deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I do. My case (Elite 550) has space for two decks, but they are stacked on top of each other. I currently have two decks of Copag's in there. They don't seem to fit very well in the Royal boxes though. So I have one deck loose, and one deck crammed into a royal box on top of the loose deck. I thought about buying some Kem single decks just for the frickin boxes! I don't think Copag sells single decks though.

brokenhourglass
12-30-2004, 04:09 PM
It’s good to know I’m not alone!

I have some bicycle sleeves lying around, I suppose I’m going to put them to work.

I kinda wish the Copags still came in the durable cardboard box I heard a reviewer complaining about before they started shipping in the plastic case.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

Jestryr
01-03-2005, 07:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I put the black box inside my aluminium case vertically in the space in the middle,my case is like this one (http://www.gamelandsports.com/.sc/ms/dd/1104408724002719/9/nc/POKER%20Chips^2FSupplies--Cases%2C%20Racks%20%26%20Carousels/513/300%20capacity%20Executive%20Poker%20Chip%20Case). They fit fine with space for a dealer button and small timer underneath.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto. I found there is enough room to put the whole plastic case in there. I also keep a timer and a delaer button where the decks were supposed to go. There obviously is not enough room for 4 decks (2 plastic cases).

Gambit
01-04-2005, 12:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I do. My case (Elite 550) has space for two decks, but they are stacked on top of each other. I currently have two decks of Copag's in there. They don't seem to fit very well in the Royal boxes though. So I have one deck loose, and one deck crammed into a royal box on top of the loose deck. I thought about buying some Kem single decks just for the frickin boxes! I don't think Copag sells single decks though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I use old Royal cases as well...at least they were good for something. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I have a 500 case, and the center of the case layout is: single deck - dice row - single deck.

(grrrr dice...I've considered using one as a card protector while I play, and then at least I could use it to help with those tuff fold, call, raise decisions /images/graemlins/wink.gif)

If it wasn't for the dice area, the Copag (or Kem) double set boxes would fit in there nicely I think.

I tried pulling out the seperators that make the dice row, but they are attached to the bottom somehow and I didn't want to force it until I had a better idea of how to go about it. (I was in a hurry at the time, and didn't want to mess with it too much)

Anyone with a similar case try this?

ncskiier
01-04-2005, 12:29 PM
I ripped those dividers out. My kems in the cardboard box did not fit well. It was too narrow. I'm now using the case that was linked above. As already stated, they fit fine in that case.