PDA

View Full Version : when do i raise

thrillhouse7
12-30-2004, 07:19 AM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

flop comes Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero...

Is that many questions annoying?

thrillhouse7
12-30-2004, 08:11 PM
sorry for the bump

7ontheline
12-30-2004, 08:14 PM
Raise that flop. I think I would play it the same regardless of any of those hypotheticals.

Richie Rich
12-30-2004, 10:04 PM
Raise the flop. Anyone with J10 or two hearts will call a bet/raise. Don't let your opponents see the turn/river for cheap. Even if the flush/str8 draw hits on the turn, you still have 10 outs to fill up on the river. PROTECT YOUR HAND!!!

Cardzy
12-30-2004, 10:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Raise the flop. Anyone with J10 or two hearts will call a bet/raise. Don't let your opponents see the turn/river for cheap. Even if the flush/str8 draw hits on the turn, you still have 10 outs to fill up on the river. PROTECT YOUR HAND!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto. These were my exact thoughts as well.

Barry
12-30-2004, 10:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
PROTECT YOUR HAND!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

He's flopped a monster, not a weak made hand that really needs protection. Raising the flop will make it incorrect for gutshots like KT or T8, other than that you really don't want to blow everyone out quite yet and yes JT or hearts are not going anywhere anyway.

If I thought that UTG was aggro enought to bet the turn if hero smooth calls, I would do that with the plan of raising most turn cards. If 1 of the blinds checkraises after hero calls, then call/3-betting is right.

AceHigh
12-30-2004, 11:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He's flopped a monster, not a weak made hand that really needs protection. Raising the flop will make it incorrect for gutshots like KT or T8,

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's pretty close, since you have redraws against the gutshot it might be better to wait until the turn. But I would probably raise here because you might get a hand like KT to call 2 bets thinking they have 7 outs and you might get to ram and jam if utg has the flush or straight draw.