PDA

View Full Version : Party $209 SNG response to limp re-raise

Lloyd
12-30-2004, 04:04 AM
I can't tell you how many times over the past couple of weeks I've had someone limp, I raise with QQ or KK, and they come over the top. I always call w/KK and usually w/QQ. But I think I'm on a streak of maybe 6 of these where they have shown down AA.

With no reads on the player, would you call w/KK to a limp re-raise all-in? How about with QQ?

Pepsquad
12-30-2004, 04:19 AM
KK - absolutely. QQ is player/situation dependant.

Awesemo
01-05-2005, 02:03 AM
This one has happened to me a few times on the $55 tournaments. In level I, someone limps in MP, then another player limps, I raise to about 75. All the remaining players fold except the second limper, who raises allin. What range of cards could this second limper hold and why?

ZebraAss
01-05-2005, 03:55 AM
Especially in early positions when people push...its usually not the good players(which is a bad thing). They could have anything from AJ off suit to pocket two's for heavens sake.
AA-
I might fold AA once in a while if I think I am up against a smaller pocket pair and I FEEL like they are going to catch…but other then that I usually would call all in. Wait...i mean always go all in.
KK- almost always unless sometimes when against a rock.
QQ- It just depends if you think you can beat the table with another hand any time soon. If you are in trouble you have to call. But if you are in pretty good shape... there no reason to because you cant Defeat them with pure Wrath
JJ- I called down with this hand today and ran into...you guessed it...the dreaded Ace..Jack off suit. I say no on JJ.

Well thats just what I think...unless I dont think it...which might be a problem...for me.

curtains
01-05-2005, 06:34 AM
Maybe I am lucky, but they always have 44-66 when they do this to me

lacky
01-05-2005, 07:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I might fold AA once in a while if I think I am up against a smaller pocket pair and I FEEL like they are going to catch…

[/ QUOTE ]

Ignore that feeling, it's costing you money

stripsqueez
01-05-2005, 08:57 AM
i played 1,200 or so of the $200's in quick time a little while ago - i downloaded them into pokertracker and then took time to look at how the better players played - i looked at 8 guys who i had 40+ games with - 4 of them appeared to routinely open limp with AA in the first couple of rounds

if a player is bad enough to over limp 2-3 others with AA then they are bad enough to have QJo to do that as well - i wouldnt respect anything but an open limp

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

Jason Strasser
01-05-2005, 09:17 AM
If some player limps, and I raise with KK, and the person min raises me back, I'll play it like 22. With very few exceptions, I have not seen anything less than AA in this spot, especially in multi-table tournaments.

When it happens to me with QQ or KK, and if I respect my opponent, I fold. If its an unknown I have a real tough time calling with QQ.

Sam T.
01-05-2005, 10:40 AM
And here, my friends, is the difference between $200 and $10 SnGs.

It makes me sick every time I do it, but I'll call the limp re-raise all-in with a hand as low as JJ because for every time I'm shown AA, I see 22-66 (or KJo for god's sake) 2-3 times.

curtains
01-05-2005, 03:17 PM
When I was talking about how they always have 44-66 I was referring to the $200 buyins.
The main pattern for this is, 4 limpers, you have AA-KK in the BB and raise it to 100 or so, and then the UTG guy goes allin for 1000. I swear they never have AA, or even a high pair. It's much more likely they have a big pair if they limp reraise less than allin.

Lloyd
01-05-2005, 05:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

When I was talking about how they always have 44-66 I was referring to the $200 buyins.
The main pattern for this is, 4 limpers, you have AA-KK in the BB and raise it to 100 or so, and then the UTG guy goes allin for 1000. I swear they never have AA, or even a high pair. It's much more likely they have a big pair if they limp reraise less than allin.

[/ QUOTE ]

And in my recent experience, they ALWAYS have AA. Interesting differences.