PDA

View Full Version : Party 3/6: KK vs. a LAG and a short stack

chesspain
12-30-2004, 12:23 AM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

SB is a known LAG (38/12/2.7) from my 2/4 days, although this is the first time I've faced him playing 3/6. MP1 is unknown, but has only 5BB at the start of the hand.

Preflop: chesspain is MP3 with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif. MP1 posts a blind of $3.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">chesspain raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">chesspain bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, chesspain calls, SB calls.

Turn: (8 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, chesspain calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets $15 (All-In)</font>, <font color="#CC3333">chesspain caps</font>, SB calls.

River: (17.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
SB checks, chesspain checks.

Final Pot: 17.50 BB
<font color="#009B00">Main Pot: 15.50 BB, between SB, MP1 and chesspain.</font>
<font color="#009B00">Pot 2: 2 BB, between SB and chesspain.</font>

AdamL
12-30-2004, 12:29 AM
I like the way you cap on the turn and take the free showdown, since it's gotta be likely that the LAG would have capped the turn if you didn't, but then you'd pay for another bet on the river as well.

chesspain
12-30-2004, 08:41 AM
I am kind of disappointed that more people did not respond, since I didn't know how well or poorly I played the turn. Nonetheless, the results are follows:

MP1 (all-in guy) showed K /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif for flopped trips,
SB showed T /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif for the turned boat, and MHING.

RubbleRobble
12-30-2004, 09:17 AM
As I read the one comment and the results before getting to post, it may or may not be fair of me to say....

But how many check-raises and check-reraises does it take to decide that your overpair is no good?

Nick C
12-30-2004, 08:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
As I read the one comment and the results before getting to post, it may or may not be fair of me to say....

But how many check-raises and check-reraises does it take to decide that your overpair is no good?

[/ QUOTE ]

You make a good point, but I would have trouble laying my kings down against a LAG and a short-stack too. (Short-stacks frequently turn into LAGs, even if they weren't before; I guess they're trying to finish off their chips.)

Maybe the combination of two opponents and the multiple checkraises makes Hero's best play on the turn a fold, but I don't think I would fold. And, like AdamL, I like the way Chesspain manipulated his calldown so that he could see the showdown most cheaply.

Haupt_234
12-30-2004, 08:55 PM
I think that MP1s actions are, for the most part, meaningless since he has such a low stack. From my experience, his being all-in by the river is inevitable. The most important thing to look for is how the SB reacts to his raises as well as yours.

It seems like the SB is trying to protect his hand since he checkraised you and tried to block out MP1. He didn't raise preflop so it isn't likely he has AA, and there are many more holdings other than a 5 which would be played this way and which you beat.

To me, if I saw his checkraise on the flop, I would be 90% sure I had him beat since he tried to shut out MP1 and checkraised you on the small betting round, as well. This percentage would decrease slightly if I believed that the SB was smart enough to realize MP1's predictable line of play.

Haupt_234

BottlesOf
12-30-2004, 09:08 PM
Yea I think this is good, against non Lags I'm folding on the turn the second time around.