Stars $15 Turbo, 5 left, Blinds 100/200

Stacks:

Hero: 1500 (after BB)
Button: 4500
X: 750
Y: 500
Z: 5500

Hero on BB dealt two black 6s.

Button min-raises. He has been doing that constantly to steal blinds. I know I am in decent shape to get ITM, but I have also found that if I am too passive in situations like this one of those short stacks doubles up and I am in a fight for 3rd. So I push. Thoughts?

syka16
12-29-2004, 11:57 PM
you have to assume that the small stacks are going to be pushing on this orbit so you won't be able to steal. That means you'll blind down to close to 5BB which is a push any two senario with less FE. That puts you in danger with 3 other short stacks and far from ITM. I think this is a coin flip you have to take plus you might be ahead. Push

Pepsquad
12-30-2004, 12:14 AM
"Button min-raises. He has been doing that constantly to steal blinds."

------------------

...making your 6's look even better. PUSH. My guess is you're at least a coin flip and on a great day he turns over some complete crap hand like Q5o.

Sidekick
12-30-2004, 10:09 AM
I agree with your assessment. You can't afford to be passive here. I think the push is the correct play. Chances are that you are ahead in this hand with the play that button has demonstrated.

While you are in decent shape to finish ITM, if either of the short stacks manages to double up then you are in a race to see who finishes ITM.

You also have two other considerations here IMO. First is that if you play too passively at this point you might finish ITM, but you will be a distant 3rd behind the two chip leaders unless you get lucky and catch a monster hand and double or triple up along the way. That will make it really hard to take 1st or 2nd when it gets down to ITM play. Second is that you want the other players to be hesitant about raising or pushing on you while you are in the SB or BB. My experience is that if I can come over the top of a raiser and get away with it even once, that for several orbits other players are reluctant to raise/push against my blinds.

Rather wordy, but this is why I agree with your push here.