PDA

View Full Version : Is this an obviously bad call?

shaniac
12-29-2004, 11:06 PM
10/15 minutes into the Stars $150+12, just been moved to this table and my opponents are unkown to me....two limpers and I make it 120 to go with AKo in MP. The limpers call. We each have 1600-1700.

Flop is Q6X with two diamonds....The pot is 390 and I bet 200, which is roughly the same bet I would make if I actually had a hand like AA/KK/AQ and sometimes a set. Two calls.

Turn is an offsuit king giving me TPTK, and it's checked to me again. I bet 400, original limper folds and the second limper checkraises me allin. I make a crying call.

Misplayed on all streets?

Shane

dmk
12-29-2004, 11:35 PM
Whenever I see you play, you seem very aggressive (moreso than I am at least), especially in the early stages. Maybe this is really weak, but did you consider checking the turn through? I think it gives a missed diamond draw or a hand like QJ/AQ to bet into you on the river. Also, you can safely fold to a diamond or severe overbet. It keeps more chips in front of you when you're behind and gets you some extra when they'd normally check/fold.

dr_zorba
12-29-2004, 11:45 PM
Ending one's tournament by calling an ALLin w/ AK is probably the most frequent story I read in poker forums.

I would have shut down after the Flop and checked down the hand.

LethalRose
12-29-2004, 11:49 PM
that king would scare me thinking one of the villians may have KQ, id check on the turn and let the guy who's trying to trap bet out. you can fold here and not be crippled this eary in the tournament.

adanthar
12-30-2004, 12:03 AM
I don't mind the turn bet, but what do you think he calls the flop and checkraises the turn with that leaves you more than 3 outs?