PDA

View Full Version : Win Rate B&M vs. Online?

midnight24
12-29-2004, 10:12 PM
All the books I have read regarding limit B&M and online hold' em say that a very good player can expect to win 1 BB/hour. Since the hands per hour for a full ring game Online are nearly double than that of B&M game, does the 1 BB/hour still stand online or is 1.5-2 BB/hour a better number for beating an online game? Any comments would be great, thanks.

dealer_toe
12-29-2004, 11:50 PM
I think this was the question that was asked when someone came up with BB/100 for online play. I think it should be about double, but I didn't put that much thought into it. So at first glance it seems about right.

SinCityGuy
12-30-2004, 02:40 AM
That's about right. If a player is only beating an online game for 1 BB/hr in the long run, he's a mediocre player.

bicyclekick
12-30-2004, 03:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
That's about right. If a player is only beating an online game for 1 BB/hr in the long run, he's a mediocre player.

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends what limit the player is playing.

Bulbarainey
12-30-2004, 03:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so is what some say then true: that only 10% of players win in the long run? under this view it seems mediocrity would be losing slowly, or does this view have something to do with players moving up too fast then lsoign what they won before?

edit: oh yeh im a journeyman now!

SinCityGuy
12-30-2004, 07:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends what limit the player is playing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really.

1 BB/hr in online play is 1BB/60 hands. This correlates to 0.5BB/hr in B&M play (30 hands per hour). There are plenty of mediocre local players here who can beat a mid-limit holdem game for 0.5BB/hr.

Benman
12-30-2004, 11:02 AM
I tend to agree. Winning is winning. If you're winning long-term, even a smallish amount, you're better than most poker players. That's something.