PDA

View Full Version : Do you have the "Congratulations" option on at Party Poker

A_C_Slater
12-29-2004, 07:50 PM
Do you keep this option on? Do you need the positive reinforcement that it provides? I usually leave it on because if I'm multi-tabling and I make a river value bet on one table and then the other table pops up at the same time it alerts me to the fact that I indeed had made a correct value bet.

jasonHoldEm
12-29-2004, 08:19 PM
Speaking of which...wasn't there a site that had alternate graphics for the congratuations image? Stuff like "[censored] yeah!!" and "You owned his ass!" I had downloaded one of them but lost it when I switched computers. I usually have this option turned off (because I find the congratuations annoying) but if I had one of these custom images I'd turn it back on for humor value (especially when running bad).

Anybody know what I'm talking about. I know I could just make my own, but I'm not talented enough.

J

A_C_Slater
12-29-2004, 08:21 PM
So far I am suprised at the 2 for yes and 10 for no. Do you feel its condescending to leave it on? Are you to cool for it? Do you feel that only the fish need to be humored in this shallow manner?

stabn
12-29-2004, 08:22 PM
I'm surprised that anyone leaves it on. It's the most annoying [censored] since the post about sacrificing a leg.

spamuell
12-29-2004, 08:31 PM
I love it. I turn off the characters and skin the screen so it's completely blank, but I love that Congratulations option.

TimM
12-29-2004, 08:43 PM
It's an unnecessary distraction. I have no overlap when I multitable, so I can always see the chips slide my way in the corner of my eye.

I would turn off card and chip animations too, but for some reason it helps me follow the action better.

balkii
12-29-2004, 08:54 PM
i have mine off but its actually pretty cool when you get a .wav of a cash register "ka-ching" and put it in the directory instead of fireworks.wav

daryn
12-29-2004, 10:33 PM
i only have it on when i do something funny with it. i have had 2 at different times. the first was i had a picture of a clown pop up and had circus music play. that was awesome.

next one i did was a picture of jay, from jay and silent bob, and had it play a sound clip of him going "bunnnnnnnnnnnng". that was awesome too.

now i have it off.

Emmitt2222
12-29-2004, 10:50 PM
I use it as a self esteem booster. I seem to run bad alot, most likely because I suck, but when I see it I know all is not lost.

mannika
12-29-2004, 10:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So far I am suprised at the 2 for yes and 10 for no. Do you feel its condescending to leave it on? Are you to cool for it? Do you feel that only the fish need to be humored in this shallow manner?

[/ QUOTE ]

Way too cool for it.

Reef
12-29-2004, 11:19 PM
For the tighter group of us who only win 5-6% of pots on avg, a little congratulations and fireworks never hurts.

River2Pair
12-30-2004, 01:19 AM
or the bass line to "Money" by Pink Floyd

BusterStacks
12-30-2004, 01:51 AM
I have replaced the fireworks sounds with a loud "KA-CHING!" sounds of a cash drawer.

brassnuts
12-30-2004, 02:00 AM
I'm listening to music 95% of the time while I'm playing. I find it flat out annoying.

CrazyEyez
12-30-2004, 02:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Anybody know what I'm talking about. I know I could just make my own, but I'm not talented enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's very easy. Go to the image folder. Find "congratulations.gif." Rename it to something so you have it as back up. Open it up in Paint and mess around. Save it as congratulations.gif.

http://webpages.charter.net/gsorensen/congratulations.GIF