PDA

View Full Version : 22 from the button vs. aggression - First Hand Post

27offsooot
12-29-2004, 06:40 PM
Villain is new to me, First Orbit at table.
I think that every street is questionable. Would greatly appreciate any input.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, CO folds, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB <font color="#A500AF">(Villain)</font> raises</font>, BB folds, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Villain bets</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Villain 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Villain bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Villain checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB

I am a relative newbie and would also appreciate any advice about my PT stats (i just ordered it yesterday) through 6000 hands at 1/2 and 2/4 based on your experiences at the lower levels:
VPIP - 18.1
PFR - 7.63%
Aggression factor - 1.37

Thank you all.

bisonbison
12-29-2004, 06:43 PM
I would fold preflop. Having not folded preflop, and without a read on the villain, I would fold the flop. Having not folded the flop, I do not think a raise is going to accomplish much, though you did pick up some lovely split outs on the turn and have to call cause you've bloated the pot with the raise I wouldn't have made.

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
12-29-2004, 06:46 PM
Hey 27offsoot,

I don't like your preflop limp. At best you can expect 4-way action, and your hand does not play well unimproved. If I had 55 or better I might raise preflop.

Given that you're there on the flop I don't think this hand is worth the trouble, easpecially without a read on the Villian. You're drawing to a 23:1 short, or dead, against a higher pocket pair, and AK/AQ/AJ/KQ etc. have plenty of outs to beat you. If a high card hits you won't know if it kills you or not, and you'll be spending multiple bets to find out. If you have a read on Villian as a LAG, the only way to play his hand without folding is call-call-call and let him keep betting his unimproved AK into you (a raise on any street is just going to get him to fold the only hands you beat). However, given the fact that you have no reads I would just fold to the flop bet.

27offsooot
12-29-2004, 08:17 PM
I thought that I had butchered the hand and my first thought was that I should have 1. raised PF or 2. folded and that calling was the worst option. Now that I have thought about it, i need to fold that even though I have the button b/c there was only one limper. I raised the flop b/c i suspected overs (is call-call-call the best option if it is a LAG). Obviously if an A or K flopped, i was folding the flop w/o a second thought. The three bet threw me off. If it was a LAG, i would have called down as I did (is this wrong), assuming no A,K,Q fell. If it were a passive player, I would have folded to the flop re-raise. Against an unknown, i wasn't sure what to do. Anyway, he had AK and MHIG. I was still very dissatisfied with how i had played it.
Thank you for the responses.

SamIAm
12-29-2004, 09:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

VPIP - 18.1
PFR - 7.63%
Aggression factor - 1.37

[/ QUOTE ]Your AF is crazy low. I'm NOT saying you need to start raising randomly. I'm saying you need to re-read SSH. /images/graemlins/smile.gif
-Sam

SamIAm
12-29-2004, 09:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I thought that I had butchered the hand and my first thought was that I should have 1. raised PF or 2. folded

[/ QUOTE ]As far as I'm concerned, 22 is a drawing hand. You're just looking for another duece on the flop, and if it's there, you'll (likely) win. If it's not, you'll (likely) fold. I wouldn't raise on the button just because I have a dinky little pair. Instead, I'd fold.

The flop-raise seems like chip-spewing, too.
-Sam

Nick C
12-29-2004, 09:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

VPIP - 18.1
PFR - 7.63%
Aggression factor - 1.37

[/ QUOTE ]Your AF is crazy low. I'm NOT saying you need to start raising randomly. I'm saying you need to re-read SSH. /images/graemlins/smile.gif
-Sam

[/ QUOTE ]

If preflop is included in the AF (and I think it might be), then the AF is higher than it appears to be.

27offsooot
12-30-2004, 10:28 AM
The 1.37 includes Pre-flop, i think it's around 2.3-2.5 post-flop, but I'm at work so i can't check (new to pokertracker, so i don't know the stats offhand). When I get back tonight, I'll post every street's aggression level. I think i tend to overplay my cards on the flop and not raise enough on the turn/river. I need to work on these parts of my game as well. Thanks again.

27offsooot
12-30-2004, 10:43 AM
The 1.37 included preflop, and i'll post each street later tonight when I'm back from work.
I've read it twice in the last month and a half, but I will probably read up on certain areas more in the next few days. I've had a small downswing lately and am trying to significantly improve my game and incorporate PT and gametime. I had used PokerEdge for the last month b/c i didn't realize how easy PT was to use and wanted instant stats.