PDA

View Full Version : 3 - 6 live

beerbandit
12-29-2004, 05:56 PM
games good -- im running good

ive been trying to work on this part of my game. i have a decent hand, several bets and calls have been made, maybe even a raise in there. its checked to me on the river and i checked behind. im not sure why -- i win these hands many times but i do not feel that my bet on the end is a good idea

example

loose passive - table feels/knows im the aggressor, comments have been made

several limpers to me on the button i have 97 /images/graemlins/spade.gif i call, complete, check

6 to the flop

pot ($18)

flop: 7 9 q rainbow

check, check, bet (player is loose, will bet in this postion with ace high) fold, call, i raise

folded back to original bettor he calls, other player calls

($36)turn: (j) 7 9 q

checked to me i bet, flop bettor calls, fold

($48)river: (4) j 7 9 q

check, check

cheers
beer

slogger
12-29-2004, 05:58 PM
looks like a very easy river bet. What stopped you?

Was your sole remaining opponent a chronic slowplayer or something? Unless you have specific reason to fear a made straight, I think a bet here is a no-brainer.

MoDOH
12-29-2004, 06:05 PM
You just have to bet this hand on the end. You will simply put have the best hand an overwhelming majority of the time.
I mean the river is a complete blank and the flop bettor will call your bet with his TPWK all the time

Fianchetto
12-29-2004, 06:08 PM
Easy bet here.

That 4 on the river is a blank and doesn't change anything. You bet the turn thinking you had the best hand, so what changed?

As you said this is a loose player, he will call you down with just about anything...middle pair, bottom pair...etc. If your opponent had a straight, set, or a better two pair you would have heard about it by now.

The best way to punish these loose players is to value bet them relentlessly when you have a better hand like this.

MoDOH
12-29-2004, 06:09 PM
Furthermore, this reluctance to valuebet the river is a HUGE leak in your game and something that cam be the difference between just beating the game and crushing it...