PDA

View Full Version : Should I have limped in?

archmagi
12-29-2004, 05:31 PM
This has been bugging me the whole night, so decided to get some opinions.
I was playing on a Party 2/4 jackpot table. The table was very loose but passive pre-flop, typically 5-6 limpers without any raise. Post-flop play was usually weak as well.
In the particular hand I was CO+1, with Q8s. I folded, but should I have limped in?
The reason I'm thinking this is because I would have done, if I was on the button and there were 5 limpers. And in this particular table getting 5 limpers without a raise was extremely likely.
Would really appreciate your opinions.

12-29-2004, 05:39 PM
I read that post 4 times and am still confused by what happened. What could you have done and how many limpers were there to you in the CO+1?

bozlax
12-29-2004, 05:42 PM
You haven't told us the betting pattern PF.

beerbandit
12-29-2004, 05:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
CO+1

[/ QUOTE ]

what is this? ---- co+1 = button

ive never played the 2-4 on party before --- but the lower limit games that i have played in i would call here -- if you can get away from the hand or feel that you play better post flop than the other players

i /images/graemlins/heart.gif position

cheers

tripdad
12-29-2004, 05:59 PM
why are you bothered by such a minor decision? this could go either way, i suppose. if there were a couple limpers to me, i would maybe play it, but if i decided to fold, it's not like i'm losing a ton of EV.(unless i would have made a straight flush during the same hand someone else made quad 8's or better while playing on a bad beat table. in that case, i swear i would go on a drinking binge, and probably fall into a deep depression for weeks) /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

seriously, though...don't sweat the small stuff. i hope you didn't lose THOUSANDS by not calling in that spot.

cheers!

Russ McGinley
12-29-2004, 06:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL that's funny.

"Party 10-handed I was UTG+9. Should I have called?" I think he's trying to trick people.

BottlesOf
12-29-2004, 06:38 PM
Yea I hate when people do this. If you're two off the button, you could say that. That or CO-1.

tripdad
12-29-2004, 06:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL that's funny.

"Party 10-handed I was UTG+9. Should I have called?" I think he's trying to trick people.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think the poster is in seat 8(assuming the SB is called seat 1). he's just confused with the terminology. i certainly don't think he is out to fool people. you're not serious, are you?

cheers!

Freakin
12-29-2004, 08:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
why are you bothered by such a minor decision?

[/ QUOTE ]

Cause the flop came J /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, perhaps?

Freakin

KingMarc
12-29-2004, 09:00 PM
Party 10-handed, if someone raised from MP2+4 , SB+4 limps, BB-8 folds, CO-4 folds, button+2 calls, and I'm UTG+2-3 do I call or fold with A4s

archmagi
12-30-2004, 09:12 AM
ok it was a huge misteke, It was not supposed to be CO+1 but UTG+1.
I'm sorry to have wasted your time with this mistake. I will be more careful next time.
Still many thanks to those who took their time to read and respond.

archmagi
12-30-2004, 09:14 AM
well, not the flop, but it would have been a straight flush at the turn.
It's not that I'm overly bothered with those things, but it got me thinking if the hand should have been played.

archmagi
12-30-2004, 09:16 AM
I would have made a straight flush but thankfully nobody else had quads. The pain of missing the jackpot would have been unbearable. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

beerbandit
12-30-2004, 02:12 PM
i wasnt trying to be an dick

utg + 1 and co + 1 are quite a bit different especially when deciding whether what to do with this hand -- id toss it utg+1 and on the button i might even raise

i think that it is better to wait in this type of game -- youll end up doing well without playing this hand utg+1

cheers

Bob T.
12-30-2004, 02:17 PM
It was not supposed to be CO+1 but UTG+1.

Then it's an easy fold. In the CO-1, I think it is still a fold, four limpers in front of you, it is a small mistake if it even is one.

archmagi
12-30-2004, 05:50 PM
no, I never thought you were trying to be a dick. I know that I used the wrong position which made my post meaningless.
Thanks for the comments.
That's what I thought, and I folded as well, but I just wanted to confirm that I wasn't loosing anything by not playing it.

DemonDeac Holding Rockets
12-30-2004, 06:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Party 10-handed, if someone raised from MP2+4 , SB+4 limps, BB-8 folds, CO-4 folds, button+2 calls, and I'm UTG+2-3 do I call or fold with A4s

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHAHAHAHA. I /images/graemlins/heart.gifLOVE/images/graemlins/heart.gif IT!!